21 May 2021 (Friday) - Feeling Rough

Yesterday I finished by saying “We washed the dinner down with that Uruguayan red wine. It was rather good… the three glasses of amaretto that followed it might (just possibly) have been a mistake…

I think it is safe to say that they were a mistake…

 

I woke feeling like death warmed up when Sid woke me with a barking fit at half past six. I wish he wouldn’t.  Once he’d been out into the garden (where he did nothing at all) I made some brekkie and scoffed it whilst watching an episode of “Motherland” which was something of a disappointment. If you are going for a weekend break with a couple of your mates, you don’t invite the people in the rival clique that you hate and who hate you. Do you?

 

We took the dogs to Orlestone Woods which was rather muddy, but we got a good walk done, and didn’t have to contend with anyone else at all. That was something of a minor result.

We came home, and I walked Sid up to the corner shop and back again. Whilst in the woods we walked about a mile and a half in half an hour. The corner shop is about two hundred yards away; there and back took us twenty minutes. Sid does like a bimble, but it is getting a bit much for him.

Once home er indoors TM” got on with working from home (she seems to like that very much) whilst I had a look at the Internet (whilst feeling grim).
The Facebook feds had sent me a message. I reported the filth I was posted the other day and was yet again told that
It is quite acceptable to use Facebook to advertise mucky nudey sauce romps to total strangers. That *doesn’t* go against the rules. However when I shared the invitation I received to one such mucky nudey sauce romp (a few months ago) I got a formal warning for doing so, and this morning I saw that warning was still in force. So it seems that inviting people to do filth is fine, but saying that you’ve been invited to do filth is not. I shall bear that in mind.

I also had an email. On April 23 I wrote “The ombudsman have formally reviewed the aggro I had with the power company over the last few months. They said that whilst the smart meter wasn’t sending results to the power company, this isn’t uncommon, and they (amazingly) felt that it was quite acceptable for the thing not to be fit for purpose”. I told them that I would like to appeal their decision, and my appeal has been upheld. They have decreed that the power company should come out and either fix the non-functioning game meter or replace it with one that works. Surely it shouldn’t take nine months of arguing, involving the ombudsman and then lodging an appeal to get the obvious fix agreed. Should it?

 

I made a cuppa for us both, and settled down to writing up CPD. Rather dull, but one day I might be grateful for it. I am legally required to not only stay up to date with developments in blood testing, but also to provide evidence that I do so. Hopefully that blog will be evidence enough.

 

Looking back I should really have phoned in sick and spent the day sitting on the sofa feeling rough. But instead I went in to work for the late shift and spent the day working whilst feeling rough.

Hopefully I’ll feel better in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment