17 September 2016 (Saturday) - Ryarsh to Trosley

I didn’t sleep that well last night. I’d parked my car round the side road but there are parking restrictions there – I can only leave it until 8am. So I lay awake for much of the night listening out just in case one of the cars parked outside my house might drive off. None had by 7.50am, so I moved the car a lot further away than I would have liked.
In retrospect I should have bought a house with a drive.

I then had a look-see on-line. Alan Rubins has asked me to add him to my LinkedIn network. I have absolutely no idea who this chap is. Have I ever met him? Do we have mutual friends? If any of my loyal readers know who he is, please let me know.
Annabella Richard wanted me to forward her all my banking details so she could carry out some elaborate scam. Do people still fall for that old rubbish?
Amazon were recommending books I’ve already bought from them.

I popped the lead onto "Furry Face TM" and set off. "er indoors TM" was off to a CITO event in Rye. That involves physical labour, and my elbow was still painful from the canoeing on Thursday so I thought I’d give that a miss. Instead I set off for Ryarsh. There are three series of geocaches up there. Last year in a fit of bravado I thought we might do all three circuits in one day. We didn’t. We sort of did part of each of three circuits. It turns out Matt had done something similar and was going back to do those he hadn’t and had asked if anyone would like to join him. With no better offer at the time I’d said I’d go along, and despite the drizzle we set off hoping for the best.

The rain soon stopped as we were soon in Ryarsh. It wasn’t long before we were all together, and we set off on a rather good stroll. There was a dodgy five minutes with Fudge; I let him off the lead and he flew at a cat. However the cat stood its ground and just sat and glared at him. My dog didn’t know what to make of this, and just barked at the cat until I chivvied him away. In comparison the three squirrels he chased later paled into insignificance.

We had a good walk; beautiful scenery and views with excellent company. It turned out that all of us had done varying parts of the geocaches in the area; we probably visited about sixty. Thirty were ones I’d not done before. And as time was pressing we ended up cutting our walk shorter than it might have been. Bearing in mind we ended up having walked over twelve miles that’s rather good going.

I took a few photos as we walked. Once home and showered I popped them on-line then we went out for a birthday celebration, Charlotte is now twenty-one, and so a meal at the Riverside was in order. Wonderful food with wonderful friends; I really should go round to the Riverside inn more often.
Mind you that fourth pint might have been one too many…

No comments:

Post a Comment