11 September 2016 (Sunday) - Crawley Down

I slept well; I do for a few days after a night shift. Over brekkie I spent a few minutes working on the 2008 entry for my Bat-Camp archive. I say “a few minutes”; it was the best part of an hour. It is amazing how long these things take. I then had quick look-see on-line. Not much had changed overnight, which was probably for the best.
I then hung the washing on the line, and pausing only briefly to collect Suzy-pup we set off for Surrey. We would have got there quicker had there not been fifty cyclists in the way; all of whom thought they were cars. As a nation we need more cycle paths; it would be better for everyone.

We soon met up with Karl and Tracey and the girls, and we walked up the road a little to find Dave, and nine of us and two small dogs set off on the Crawley Down Crawl which was billed as a series of twenty-four geocaches over six and a half miles.
We had a rather good walk; the weather was glorious. Our route went through woodlands and bridleways and footpaths. Mostly clearly marked; we didn’t take too many wrong turns. We saw horses and buzzards, and had a rather good picnic. I even got to try out my new stool; ideal for picnic-ing. And we finally decided the definitive difference between a cottage and a bungalow and a house.

We picked up a couple of extra caches as we walked, and at the end we tried for a couple of mulitis. Bother were missing. We’d got permission to replace one of them (and we did). We replaced the other one and sent the C.O. an email telling him we’d been helpful. Some people appreciate the help; others don’t. Let’s hope we were appreciated.
We got back to the cars to have “Hannah” tell me we’d walked about ten miles.

We then drove for a mile or so to “The Curious Pig in the Parlour”. It is a rather good pub. We found ourselves a table in the garden and had a couple of drinks and then had some dinner. I had pizza; I’d certainly have it again. The burgers looked excellent; the child’s portion burger looked to have been more than enough for me. And "er indoors TM" had a rather good plate of fish and chips.
I slept most of the way home…

I took a few photos whilst we were out. I do that.

And in closing, yesterday was something of an anniversary. It marked ten years of my continuous blogging. You can read all of it here as the first three years were recorded on the now-defunct Yahoo360.
Ten years… I suspect in years to come "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" will wonder what his Grandad did for his first forty-two years.



No comments:

Post a Comment