7 March 2024 (Thursday) - World Book Day

I woke to find Morgan’s head pressed up tightly to mine. The two of us lay there for seemingly ages; him snoring and me not wanting to wake him.
I eventually got up, took my Seven Seas joint tablets, made toast and had my usual peer into the Internet. I received a “Top Fan” badge from the Facebook page “Save us from fukwits – 2” this morning. I have no idea what I did to earn that accolade. I sent out a birthday wish, and looked at all the pictures of small children dressed as characters from children’s literature, nursery rhymes or TV shows. Today is World Book Day and rather than reading anything, children are encouraged to dress up. I’ve ranted about this before… there’s adverts on the telly at the moment from McDonalds who are raising money to increase literacy in children. They claim one in five children don’t even own a book.
In the past I’ve come up with a list of my top ten books for World Book Day. You can see it here. On reflection I don’t think my choices have changed since last year.
 
I took the dogs up to Kings Wood. On Monday I wrote “As we went the dogs found a dead blackbird to roll in”. On Monday I buried the thing under a huge pile of leaf litter. This morning one of them dug it up, and all three rolled in it.
Dogs are foul creatures.
As we walked we exchanged pleasantries with a few other walkers, but there were no episodes, for which I was grateful. In fact the only real incident was seeing a spaniel dragging half a tree which was tangled in his fur, and the dog’s mummy whinging that she would need to cut the dog free of the tree when she got home
We came home; I had a quick cuppa then cracked on in the garden. I got three fence panels painted. It really does look an improvement on how it was. Rather than painting more, I mowed the lawn, and decided that over four hours gardening was enough for today.
 
Having been out with the dogs for a couple of hours this morning and been working in the garden this afternoon I’m not hurting anything like I thought I might be. I ache, but nowhere near as much as I’ve done in the past. Are these Seven Seas joint tablets working? Bearing in mind how sceptical I am about that sort of bollox, it would really boil my piss if they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment