5 March 2024 (Tuesday) - Aching, Jigsaws

I hurt when I woke up. More and more I seem to be constantly aching. Perhaps I should have done all the semi-retirement time off forty years ago when moving about didn’t hurt so much?
I made toast and scoffed it as I peered into a dull internet. Today’s squabble was between Doctor Who fans. People who discovered the show recently feel the old episodes dragged on and on interminably. People who’ve been watching the show for years think the new episodes are over too quickly. Both sides have a point.
And now that Doctor Who has been bought by the Disney corporation there was talk of the rumours that Warner Bros are planning the buy the Star Trek franchise from Paramount. Are they? It is easy to forget that what I see as entertainment is primarily a money-making business.
 
I got the leads onto the dogs and we tried to set off… Sadly the road was gridlocked because of four-way traffic lights at the Chinese take-away. And as is always the way, no one was actually doing any road work.
We eventually got going. As we drove the pundits on the radio were talking about how there are calls in Russia for them to attack the western countries that are supplying the Ukrainians with weapons. I can see their point. If one country bombs another, that’s an act of war. But what if one country gives another country a bomb with the sole intention that this other country is going to use it?
We got to the woods and had a rather good walk into a part of the woods in which we’ve not been for some time. We won’t be going back to that art in a hurry… it was on the muddy side. Whilst we were there we barked at a horse (who was minding his own business in a field) and we hid another geocache. To get the final location you have to do a jigsaw puzzle. You can do the jigsaw puzzle by clicking here if you fancy a go.
 
We came home, had a bath, dog brekkie, a cuppa and a Belgian bun and I unwrapped my Amazon delivery. I’ve got fed up with aching all the time, so I’ve got some thirty days worth of Seven Seas joint care supplex and turmeric with glucosamine, omega-3 vitamins C and D and manganese. Go me(!) I doubt it will do anything, but (if nothing else) in a month’s time I can complain on here about what a waste of money it was.
I then I loaded the car with rubbish and set off again. Through the traffic lights to B&Q where I met someone with whom I used to work. We chatted for ages, then I got two tubs of fence paint, then drove through the traffic lights and set off to the tip. Usually if you want to meet odd people doing strange things, the tip is the place to go, but today things were thankfully rather dull. I drove in, dinged out my rubbish and went. If only all tip visits went that easily.
Pausing only briefly in the town centre for Munzical purposes I drove over to the hospital for my pre-operative assessment. My weight was a tad high, but you can tell that by looking at me. My blood pressure was148/88 which I was told wasn’t anything to worry about but Google says that’s a tad high too. Bearing in mind how much I walk with the dogs I would have thought it would have been lower.
Perhaps I need to lose weight…
 
I came home through the rain via Pets at Home where I collected the dogs’ flea treatments and got them a chew treat each. And once home I got the message that the geocache we’d hidden earlier had received the thumbs-up from the geo-feds.
As the dogs chomped on their treats I made myself a cuppa and guzzled it with a chocolate hot cross bun (rather odd!) and sulked. I had plans for the afternoon. I wanted to change the ultraviolet bulb in the pond’s filter and start painting the shed, planter, pond leccie cupboard and fences, but it was hossing down.
So I settled in front of the telly with a sleeping Morgan and watched more episodes of “Four In A Bed” in which the hatred between some of the contestants was tangible.
 
As I watched so my phone beeped. That geocache we’d hidden earlier had been found for the first time. Someone had seen the notification, solved the puzzle, driven nine miles to the woods then stomped through a mile of mud to where we’d hidden the thing all in under two and a half hours. The pull of being First to Find is strong…
 
“er indoors TM is Zooming at her mates. I’m going to have a look at the geo-map in Kings Wood. The puzzle series of geocaches I put out a year ago has been found eighty times. It’s good for this summer, but in the autumn I will probably need to re-vamp it. And that will take some doing.
Meanwhile one of the dog’s anal glands needs doing; there’s a distinctive smell about the place. I wonder which dog it is… I’m not keen on sniffing too closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment