8 March 2024 (Friday) - Early Shift


Having been sleeping rather well all week, with an alarm set I was wide awake from three o’clock this morning.
I gave up laying awake, took my Seven Seas stuff. made toast, and watched an episode of “Friday Night Dinner” in which “Horrible Grandma” came to visit. Then I had a quick look at the Internet just in case anything revolutionary had happened overnight. It hadn’t; it rarely does. The only thing of note was quite a bit of consternation being expressed over the local branch of Peacocks closing down. Peacocks is a local store which caters for people who like to dress as though it was still 1980. The observation had been made that you can get better stuff cheaper from Amazon, and there were those bleating that not everyone can shop on-line. Seriously? I’m sorry, I don’t want to come over as rude or uncaring but we are half-way through the third decade of the twenty-first century. Not being able to order stuff on Amazon is akin to not being able to read or write. I’m a sixty-year-old grandparent and can manage. I know people twenty years older than me who can use the Internet easily enough.
 
I set off to work via some Munzee Points of Interest as I do. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about how ITV are looking to make savings. Profits are down because advertisers aren't keen to throw money at them anymore. It would seem that, like me, more and more people have discovered the "fast-forward" button and aren't actually watching the adverts anymore.
There was also talk about how ex-Prime Minister Theresa May has decided to stand down as a Member of Parliament at the next general election. Faced with an almost certain fall from Prime Minister to obscure opposition MP, I can't say I blame her. It was nice of her to give the news to her local newspaper and let them have the exclusive story.
 
I got to work. I'd not been to Maidstone for nearly three weeks. I found I rather missed the place. Compare that to other places I've worked where I felt physically ill at the prospect of going in.
As I did my thing so my phone beeped. All the geocaches I'd prepared in readiness for tomorrow's geo-meet had gone live, and within an hour or so they were all found for the first time. That showed the puzzles were solve-able and that the co-ords were right.
 
Being on an early shift was a result. I got home and with “er indoors TM off to see her mum I cracked on with the ironing. As I ironed I watched a film on Netflix: “Spaceman”. According to Wikipedia it “follows an astronaut sent on a mission to the edge of the solar system who encounters a creature that helps him put his earthly problems back together”. According to me it was a right load of old tripe.
I seem to think that about more and more films these days.
“er indoors TM is coming home with KFC for my tea… with any luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment