23 March 2024 (Saturday) - Early Shift, Games Night

I didn't sleep very well; I gave up, got up, made toast and watched another episode of "Three Body Problem" which was rather good. I suspect that I'm helped quite a bit by having read the book first; the plot does make sense; even if it does jump about rather a lot.
I had a quick look at the Internet. Facebook was free of squabbles this morning... or it was at six o'clock.
 
Pausing only briefly to scrape the ice from the car I set off to work. The re-activation of Operation Brock for absolutely no reason at all rather hindered my journey, as did having to go several miles out of my way due to road works between Junctions six and five on the motorway.
As I drove I listened to the radio. There was some strangely interesting article about how Ordnance Survey maps aren't designed with donkey trekking in mind. This was followed by consternation from farmers who've been told that if their farms are so unprofitable that they need to claim benefits then they need to look at doing something else to earn a crust.  And there was a lot of concern about the Princess of Wales who's announced that she too is being treated for cancer. I found myself rather intrigued by her being described as a young mother. She's forty-two; hardly young?
 
I got to work. This week is a three-day week for me. I worked the early shift last Monday. Yesterday was a day's leave, and I was on the early shift today. I *really* didn't want to work today. The weather forecast had been wrong again, and I spent quite a bit of time this morning looking out of the window at a glorious day and sulking about missing Dog Club and the quizzes on the radio. Mind you the weather had turned by mid-day, and the afternoon saw torrential rain interspersed with hailstorms.
 
With work worked I came home. I had a cuppa, and fell asleep on the sofa. I woke five minutes before Chris arrived with the Infinity Table, and shortly after that Steve and Sarah arrived.
We had a rather good evening chatting and putting the world to rights and playing “Ticket to Ride”. There’s no denying that I came last in the first game, but in the second game I managed a respectable third place.
And just before we packed up we had a very quick game of “Snakes and Ladders” in which my pink princess avatar came last.
I rather like our game nights…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment