15 March 2024 (Friday) - A Rest Day

Apart from a vague recollection of “er indoors TM quarrelling with Treacle in the small hours I slept well. I had my usual morning routine, made toast, watched an episode of "Friday Night Dinner", Munzed as best I could from the sofa, then went out to have a look at the pond. It was a tad clearer than it was yesterday but was till a tad murky. The fish are a tad more active than they were yesterday, but the main thing was that the pumps were still running and I could see the uv bulb glowing through its port hole.
I set off to work through the rain.
 
With the Aylesford Sainsburys service station still closed I went to Ashford Sainsburys for shopping. The petrol might not be as cheap as up the motorway, but I get Nectar points... not that I ever do anything with them.
I went into Sainsbury's main store first. I couldn't find what I needed so I asked an assistant. She pointed out the sign saying "deodorants". I told her that I could see the sign, but where were the actual deodorants? They weren't anywhere near the sign. She directed me to the next aisle. Several other things had been moved about too.
I then went across to the filling station where some chap was trying to chat up the woman behind the till (not the one with a face like a smacked arse), and as he finally walked away he crashed into the people queuing behind him. This chap had absolutely no idea that there had been anyone else in the kiosk other than himself and the woman around whom he had been sniffing.
When I came to pay, the woman with the face like a smacked arse refused to honour any of the vouchers I'd just got from the Sainsbury's main store. Ho hum...
 
The rain got worse as I drove up the motorway. Narrowly avoiding getting blatted by the lorries I listened to the radio as I went. There are elections in Russia this weekend to choose the country's leader. The choice of candidates is Vladimir Putin and a couple of no-hopers. Anyone who might be a credible opposition is dead, imprisoned or exiled. Perhaps not a triumph for democracy, but as we've seen from all the failing councils in the UK, just because someone can say what the masses want to hear is no guarantee that they can actually govern with any competence.
And there was talk about one of Gordon Ramsey's children who is zooming about in a car which cost someone two hundred thousand quid. Did she buy it? Was it a present? Here's a thought... for all that there are no end of people running down the Royal Family and saying what a bad thing their inherited wealth is, you never see anyone whinging about the money that celebrities pass on to their family, do you?
 
Work was work. Compared to the last couple of days in my life it was something of a rest. At tea break there was cake. You can't go wrong with a jam doughnut.
And with work done and doughnut scoffed I came home and got another fence panel painted before “er indoors TM went off shopping. I dozed in front of the telly until she came home with fish and chips.
I like fish and chips… but prefer doughnuts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment