24 March 2024 (Sunday) - Busy, Busy

I slept well probably because the dogs slept well too. Over toast I peered into the internet. This morning’s petty bickering was on one of the geocaching pages where those who contribute absolutely sod-all to the hobby were telling those who make the effort where they were going wrong and what more they might do.
There wasn’t a lot else going on, so I got dressed and ready for the day.
 
As I waited for “My Boy TM” to arrive I cracked on with more fence painting. As I painted I could hear some choral singing getting louder and louder. I had a look up the road; a rather pitiful procession of twenty or so were walking down the pavement lead by some vicar and a strange pair who were waving palm fronds.
As I remarked to “er indoors TM, back in the day we used to go round the streets on a Sunday morning with drums and bugles. And it was the streets too. Getting in the way of cars; not the pavements. We didn’t mess about in the Boys Brigade band.
 
The first fruit of my loin arrived, and we went to B&Q for shed roof felt. As always B&Q had no staff on the tills, but had three standing watching people struggling with the self service tills.
We got what we needed, then went back to his house to repair his shed roof. It’s an easy enough job when there’s two of you, but a bit like hard work for one.
We got to the point where he didn’t need me any more; I came home for a quick cuppa and got two more fence panels painted whilst “er indoors TM sorted her bowling stuff, then we went for a little walk. Bearing in mind that Kings Wood would be heaving we drove up to Badlesmere and had a little wander along familiar footpaths and found one or two new ones. Bailey ran amok at one point; not as seriously as she might, but enough to be a worry.
 
We came home, and I sat down and had a look at my accounts. The whole idea of semi-retirement was that my pension should top up the half-wages I would get for only working half the hours. In theory it is a good idea… in practice it depends on the pension actually paying out. I shall phone someone about it in the morning. But I have been worse off and survived.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watched The Traitors: Australia”. A rather odd program; by day twenty-odd people work together on various activities, by night they have to guess who is part of a secret cabal with absolutely no evidence to back up their suspicions whatsoever.
 
I feel all in… what with painting fences and shed roof and walking dogs I think I’ve caught the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment