11 March 2024 (Monday) - Princesses

Again with an alarm set I saw pretty much every hour of the night. I gave up trying to sleep at five o’clock and watched an episode of “Friday Night Dinner” in which Martin was claiming innocence about various misdemeanours and blaming his brain for making him do them.
I then had a little look at the Internet where people were quarrelling about whether or not a narwhal could successfully breed with a Beluga. Long story short – they could. To the vast majority this would be a matter of the utmost indifference but some people were getting rather nasty about the matter.
I sent out birthday wishes to friends whose birthday was today, then set off.
 
I drove through a rather dark and foggy morning. After I'd done my usual haul of Munzee Points of Interest I headed off to work. The motorway was surprisingly busy at half past six in the morning.
As I drove the pundits on the radio were spouting their usual drivel as they do. Apparently the world is up in arms because the Mother's Day photo of the Princess of Wales and her children was supposedly faked.
Whether this was to cover up her illness or to make the family look better remains unclear. It looks fine to me, but what do I know? Personally I would have thought there were more burning issues in the world to be addressed.
And there was an interview with someone or other about the state of the country's schools. Yet again the pundits on the radio couldn't find any so-called experts on education who could pronounce the word "curriculum". With all of the country's education experts talking about the "kriklum" is it surprising the schools are in such a state?
Mind you I did find myself thinking of an old mate's sister who fancied herself as an expert on rocks but would speak about the science of "Jolly G", and of another old mate (sadly dead these last fifteen years) who, on the strength of his wife's working in the pharmaceutical industry, considered himself an expert on "ibooferen".
 
Work was much the same as ever. I came home via the dentist. I’d spent much of the day trying to reschedule an appointment. Each time, after fifteen minutes holding on the phone I was told they were busy and got cut off. So I walked in to find three receptionists gossiping.
I made an appointment for next Thursday, then headed home.
 
With “er indoors TM off at the bowling league’s booze-up I settled on front of the telly with the dogs and watched a film. “Damsel” is currently the number one film on Netflix at the moment. I can only describe it as a rather poorly thought-out version of “Dungeons and Dragons” with more holes on the plot than there are in my pants, but it was quite entertaining nonetheless. A Princess as princesses should be – running round in her undercrackers belting things with a great big sword.
 
A film on Netflix that I liked… there’s a novelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment