10 March 2024 (Sunday) - Mother's Day

I woke listening to the sound of the rain on the bedroom window, and lay there listening to it.
I got up, made toast and peered into the Internet.
Yesterday I ran the monthly geo-event. The thing was open to all, but I sent out about sixty personal invitations to Kentish Hunters of Tupperware. Quite a few people came along. A lot of people had other things to do which was understandable; things always clash. But some of the people I thought might be along didn’t reply to me, and all went to Coventry for a huge Munzee event… about which I knew absolutely nothing at all until this morning’s rummage round the Internet after it was all over. Perhaps I’m being paranoid, but this isn’t the first time this has happened.
Would we have gone to Coventry if we’d known about it? Probably not, but it would have been nice to have known about it. It turns out there’s a calendar of these events. You’d think someone would make the effort to publicise these events, wouldn’t you?
I also saw a lot of photos of breakfasts in bed and pressies and stuff for Mother’s Day. Not that I was particularly close to her, but I miss my mum…
 
I then spent a little while chasing my tail on eBay. Yesterday “er indoors TM came home with some little Lego houses. They were part of a series of a promotion run jointly by Weetabix and Lego. I thought there were six sets in the promotion. There weren’t. After seemingly ages I found that there were only three. And “er indoors TM had picked up a complete set at a bargain price.
 
I nipped out to the car and drove round to Pets at Home to get dog food. Whilst I was at it I thought I might get dog treats too.
I then came home, and in a lull in the rain we walked the dogs round the block having a little Munzee session in which I unlocked one Qrate, got another and our clan got our first monthly achievement. On the flip side, two of those supposedly going to be in our clan this month did rather well at yesterday’s Munzee event (the one about which I knew nothing) and have chosen to go with another more adventurous clan. That leaves us with the same amount of Munzing to do with only two thirds of the people Munzing that we’d planned to have.
 
With walk walked we had a cuppa. I could have made a start on waking the pond for this year. I could have painted the fence. But with the drizzle getting worse I settled myself in front of the telly and watched a film we’d recorded some time ago. “Four Weddings and a Funeral” is now thirty years old. To me the thing which showed the film’s age the most was that at the weddings everyone had cameras. These days people would use their phone to take a photo. With one or two notable exceptions, who has a camera these days?
We then watched the New Year’s episode of “Taskmaster”; one round featured scoffing poppadoms. We got peckish; “er indoors TM found some poppadoms and lime pickle in the cupboard.
 
Seeing it is Mother’s Day “er indoors TM was ordered round to the abode of the first fruit of our loins, and I cracked on with my latest project.  
The first time I went to a meeting of geocachers there was a walk organised before the meet. If you turn up in the back of beyond and see others gathering for a walk, then it is a fair bet that you are in the right place. However when you walk in to a pub there’s all sorts of groups here and there, and you really don’t want to approach the wrong lot. Back in the day there was a banner for county geo-meets which we would display so people new to the game knew where to go. Sadly the banner fell apart. I have a plan to make a new one… if it don’t cost too much. I drew up a provisional first draft for a design, and sent it off to the local sign-making company to get a quote.
I then wrote up some CPD and watched the dogs. Yesterday when “er indoors TM was out with her mates the dogs slept. But they’d had a busy day. They’d only had a short walk this morning and had slept for much of the afternoon, and so were alert to every sound; waiting for her return.
 
“er indoors TM eventually returned and set about dinner. Once I’ve scoffed it I’m thinking about an early night. For all that I’ve done nothing all day, I’m feeling all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment