9 April 2023 (Sunday) - Brekkie, Art, Gardening

I had another of those dodgy friend requests on Facebook this morning. I’m pretty sure that for all that the one sending the request had an impressive set of jubblies, it was actually a bloke. I can’t help but wonder why these people send out these friend requests. Obviously they are fake pictures , but someone somewhere is setting up fake accounts on Facebook… Why? What do they hope to achieve?
There were a few squabbles kicking off too. Once billed as the most poignant scene ever seen on television, the closing of the last episode of “Blackadder Goes Forth” was getting quite a bit of stick this morning. Apparently it was offensive to people who want to find things to be offended about. Sadly, some people are only happy when looking for offence and insult which simply isn’t there.
 
We settled the dogs and drove up to the town centre where we met up for brekkie with Matt, Bernie and Martin. It was good to catch up, and once we’d scoffed we went for a little walk round town following the Ashford Art Trail.
After seeing some of the sights we said our goodbyes, then got petrol and came home. My plan for the day was dull gardening (is there any other sort?)
 
I strimmed the lawn edges as Morgan tried to bite the strimmer. And then I mowed the lawn as Morgan tried to bite the lawnmower. With lawn sorted fortunately Morgan seemed to lose interest in what I was doing.
My next chore was to look at the pond’s filtration system. A week ago I wrote “There’s an issue with the pond filters in that one runs far better than the other. I can’t see any obvious issue”. I took the problematical filter’s pump apart and rodded the hose through. After half an hour’s struggling I stank of fish poo, but could see no obvious problem. I put it all back together and it worked fine. Whatever the issue was, it is now fixed, and that is really all that matters. I’m not convinced the ultra-violet lamps are working, but that is a problem for another day.
I then ran out the hose pipe and set up the pressure washer to scrub up the patio. As aways I forgot just how much mess that pressure washer stirs up.
I then repaired a poggered fence panel and the shed roof before deciding that I was worn out.
Four hours spent working in the garden and it looks just like it did before I started… We then sat in the garden, had a tin of fizz and a bag of crisps, and I read my Kindle for a bit.
 
As it was getting cold outside I came in and spent an hour or so proof-reading my current Wherigo project, then went for a shower… or tried to. Moving hurt. This gardening is all very well, but it really makes me ache.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good dinner which we scoffed whilst watching “Dogs Behaving (Very) Badly” which gave me an idea about how we might stop Treacle barking out of the window at passers-by.
Will this plan work?
Time will tell; it always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment