14 April 2023 (Friday) - Rostered Day Off

 

I had a far better night last night. With no alarm set and no need to be up early I slept right through till seven o’clock. It was only a shame that I woke feeling almost as grim as I felt last night.
I made toast, put in the washing that I’d forgotten about yesterday and sparked up the lap-top. It took some sparking. The Word file on which I type this this drivel (before copy & pasting into the blog) flatly refused to open, and when it finally did, was unresponsive for ten minutes. As was the browser window too. I’m sure the lap-top is doing all sorts of wonderful IT things in the background… but I’m reminded of a PC I once used to interface one blood test device with another computer. The chap who set it up was obsessed with antivirus software, and the PC was running six different antivirus packages. All of its resources went on running the six antiviruses, and it had no capacity whatsoever to do the job for which it was actually intended. Is my lap-top doing much the same?
Eventually the lap-top got going. This morning my Facebook feed was full of tales of dying and dead dogs. On the plus side were no scantily clad ladies pretending to want to be my friend.
 
I spent an hour or so sorting out the admin for my latest Wherigo project then I had a message. “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” fancied McBrekkie so I drove down and took her and “Darcie Waa Waa TM to McDonalds. You really can’t beat a sausage and egg McMuffin, can you?
Daddy’s Little Angel TM” had an appointment in Aylesham so we drove there, and while she did whatever it was that she was doing, I took “Darcie Waa Waa TM geocaching.
It has to be said that favourite youngest granddaughter wasn’t overly enamoured with the ancient and honourable pastime of rummaging for film pots under rocks. She whinged and whined for the first few minutes, then fell asleep. I found one geocache, and on seeing that the only other one within striking distance wasn’t buggy-accessible we went for a little wander through the village instead until “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was done.
 
I took them both back to Folkestone where “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMwas soon to arrive, and came home to find that “er indoors TM had gone shopping. Despite the drizzle I took the dogs up to Kings Wood. With my latest Wherigo project ready to go we went and hid the six film pots under piles of sticks. The dogs seemed glad for the outing, and came back to the sound of the whistle whenever they wandered off too far.
I would have liked to have explored a particular path I’ve had my eye on for some time, but once we’d hidden the last film pot under a rock we were three quarters of a mile from where I wanted to go exploring, and the drizzle had developed into light rain, so we saved that for another day and headed home.
 
I told the geo-feds about the new Wherigo project, and “er indoors TM boiled up a very good load of fajitas which we scoffed whilst watching the latest episode of “Star Trek: Picard”. This season has been streets ahead of the last two, and this evening’s episode was particularly good… even if the new USS Enterprise looks awful.
 
I’ve had a rather busy day today. Mind you I woke feeling grim, and I’m going to bed feeling marginally less grim. That’s got to be a bonus.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment