13 April 2023 (Thursday) - Feeling Grim

Yesterday I mentioned that I woke at twenty past two… it was ten past one this morning that I woke. I then dozed fitfully on and off for the rest of the night. I eventually got up feeling rather grim. So grim that I did a ‘rona test. Fortunately it was negative…. Mind you I say “fortunately”; whether or not it was ‘rona made no difference to my feeling grim.
I made coffee and toast and watched an episode of “Shameless” which kept me entertained, then (with a little time on my hands) sparked up the lap-top. The internet was still there and, apart from one dubious friend request on Facebook, was a tad dull so early in the morning.
 
I set off to work on a rather bright morning. As I drove the pundits on the radio were spouting their drivel as they do. Gossip about Prince Harry and President Biden took up a lot of air time; far too much really. Celebrity gossip overshadowed talk about a vaccine against malaria. Bearing in mind how many people this kills every year (over two hundred and forty million cases in 2021 with over half a million deaths).
I'd have thought more would have been made from the story. Am I being cynical in thinking that the BBC is playing to its target audience; the average punter being rather more enamored with celebrities than paupers?
But what stuck in my mind was the revelation that those who invest money in care homes made eleven per cent more profit from them during the pandemic than they usually do... whilst staff were all working loads of unpaid hours.
 
I got to work and realised I'd forgotten to bring anything for dinner... Just as well the works' branch of Marks & Spencer do sandwiches, eh?
I cracked on with work, feeling progressively more grim as the day went on. It was as well I was on an early. I came home and fiddled about checking that work have got my leave allowance for the next year right. I’ve emailed them a question. If leave years went from April 1 to March 31 things would be much simpler.
 
I then put the finishing touches to my Adventure Lab project. The thing will go live a week this coming Saturday as a little something for the punters (hopefully) coming to the geocaching meet I’ve organized for that day.
“er indoors TM boiled up pizza and chips which we scoffed whilst watching Joe Lycett travelling to Iceland and Split. I’ve not seen him in “Travel Man” before; it was rather good.
I’m going to bed in a minute; I don’t feel at all well…

No comments:

Post a Comment