3 April 2023 (Monday) - Bit Tired

I wouldn’t say that last night’s night shift was busy, but the work was constant. It was with something of a sense of relief that I saw the early shift arrive.
I drove home listening to the radio with sadness. There was an article on the radio about how some woman had lain dead in a flat for over two years, and somehow or other the death had gone unnoticed.
The saddest part of all this is that clearly the dead woman had no friends or family who noticed she’d gone.
I was reminded of one of my old school’s science teachers who went home from school at the start of the school summer holiday and dropped dead. It was only when he didn’t go back to school in September that anyone missed the chap.
How can there be so many lonely people?
 
I had a shave and a shower, and took myself off to bed. The puppies soon followed, and the three of us lay there for an hour. We would doze off, and after a couple of minutes Treacle would then have a barking fit for absolutely no reason whatsoever. After an hour I tired of this, got up, and walked the dogs round the block. What with today being the start of the Munzee Clan War I thought I might make a start. I got a QrewZee and a Qrate (which was a result).
We came home where I made a start on laundry. In between watching the last episode of “Downton Abbey” I loaded the washing machine, hung laundry on the line and ironed shirts.
Now I’ve watched all of “Downton Abbey” I wonder what I will watch next?
 
With the back door and all the windows wide open (to try to air the house through) I watched some episodes of “Four In A Bed” in which some restauranteur from the Peak District lambasted some pub landlord from the midlands for having a cobweb on their ceiling when his lavatory seat had bright yellow piss stains and his bog-brush had a turd on it. If you want to see hypocrisy in action, this is the show to watch.
During an advert break I had a message from my grandson Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMwho (knowing his granddad is a biomedical scientist) was wanting to know how to create “friendly bioweapons”. I’m hoping this is connected with his pandemic simulator PlayStation game and not an early attempt at world domination.
I then spent an hour or so on my next Wherigo project. I’ve now got four out of six play zones completed.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner (as she does) which we scoffed watching the final of “Lego Masters: Australia”.
That’s another show we’ve finished watching…
I’m feeling worn out…

No comments:

Post a Comment