12 October 2021 (Tuesday) - Rostered Day Off

There are those people who say that dogs don’t understand what we say. They are clearly wrong. As I came into the kitchen this morning I suggested to “er indoors TM” that we might do the dogs’ flea treatments. We looked round… and there were no dogs. As “er indoors TM” got the stuff out I went upstairs and chased them out from where they were hiding under the bed. They don’t like having the Advocate dropped on their necks. It doesn’t hurt them, once it’s done it clearly doesn’t bother them, but they run and hide every time the stuff is mentioned. It never bothered Fudge, but Treacle doesn’t like it and Pogo has learned from her.

And as for the worming tablets… Fudge used to just eat his tablets. We would offer them to him and he would scoff them down. Getting tablets down their gullets was a serious mission this morning.

 

As the dogs sulked (with damp necks) I scoffed toast as I peered into the Internet. Not much had happened overnight really. There was something of an argument kicking off over on the “Kent Fuel Info” page; now that someone’s local garage has got petrol again, that someone was calling for the page to be shut down as it was clearly no longer required. Others whose local petrol stations did not have petrol were seeing that as a personal affront. Still more were claiming petrol shortages was not the Brexit they voted for, and even more were gloating that this was the Brexit they’ve got. I’ve mentioned before that it never fails to amaze me how so many people never turn down the chance to quarrel.

 

I took the dogs out to the woods. As we drove the pundits on the radio were interviewing Chi Onwurah, the Member of Parliament for Newcastle upon Tyne Central. Having a degree in electrical engineering, she worked in hardware and software development for over twenty years before becoming an MP, and was making the point that very few of the country’s decision makers have any real-world experience. She’s got a point.

We got to the woods where something was going on. At the end of the car park furthest from the woods were loads of cars and loads of people standing around, al looking set to go for a walk. What was that all about? They must have gone in a different direction as we didn’t see them as we went round the woods. In fact we didn’t see anyone, which is how we like it.

 

With walk walked we came home and I spent the morning in the garden. I harvested the dog turds, got out the lawn mower, gathered up more turds, started mowing the lawn, found more turds… You’d be amazed how much dung our dogs produce. As I mowed so not-so-nice-next-door came into her garden and made a deliberate point of ignoring me. As civility is clearly beyond her, that was probably for the best.

With lawn mowed I cleaned out the fish pond filter, and as I heard the sound of her piano-ing so I cut back some of the overgrowth coming over the fence from her garden. The rose brambles reach more than half-way across our garden but when I whinged about it some months ago she could see no problem with it.

 

As “er indoors TM” took the dogs on an impromptu Munzee mission I went up to the attic room and played a little Lego. Some time ago one of the very first things I created in my Lego town was the church, and for all that there was quite a bit going on inside, you couldn’t really see inside. So I took out all the stuff from inside, moved the steeple to the other end and made some stained glass windows. When I was done I posted a video to Facebook then fell asleep for over an hour. 

After a rather good bit of dinner “er indoors TM” tuned in to a Zoom meeting with her mates whilst I slobbed in front of the telly watching the first two episodes of “Squid Game”. So far it is rather good…

No comments:

Post a Comment