23 August 2022 (Tuesday) - Before the Night Shift

I slept like a log last night, for which I was rather pleased. By the time I got up “er indoors TM had seen to the puppies, but they were rather excited to see me.

I made toast and peered into the Internet as I do most mornings. It was still there. I had a friend request on Facebook fromربيع منصور  who presumably saw something that I had posted on a work-related Facebook page. I don’t know this person, have never had any dealings with him, her or it whatsoever, and from what I can determine from Google Translate they seem to be something of a religious nut. I think I will steer well clear.

 

I took the dogs down to the woods. As we drove there was an interesting program on the radio in which people with diametrically opposed points of view were invited to try to understand the other person’s perspective. There was a rather aggressive-sounding harridan who was banging on about how unfair private schools are (because she felt they are far better than state schools), and that the money spent on them should be spent on state schools as that would be fairer. Some headmaster of a private school pointed out that there are good and bad private and state schools, and the more calm the headmaster was, the more angry the woman became. It made for entertaining listening even if it didn’t really achieve anything.

We got to the woods and had a good walk. Not seeing anyone else as we walked probably helped. Mind you there was something large crashing about in the tree tops. Judging by the squawking it might well have been a pterodactyl.

 

I came home and pootled about waiting for a delivery. The plan for the morning had been to sort the new pond filter which was due to arrive today. I’ve heard it said that God laughs when we make plans…

I saw red when I eventually looked at the front door and saw there was a “we tried to deliver your parcel” from Royal Mail. According to Amazon the delivery was attempted half an hour after we’d got home from the woods.

I blame myself… I should have contacted the seller when I bought the pond filter from Amazon on Saturday. If I’d known that they were going to use Royal Mail I would never have ordered it. Amazon leave the thing on the doorstep for you. Royal Mail employ postmen who sneak silently to the door and push a “you weren’t in” card and then expect you to go get the thing from the sorting office yourself the next day. I really have watched them do it. Watch the parcel delivery people yourself… Perhaps I’ve got a bad local one, but if he had any intention of delivering parcels he would carry them from the van to the houses, rather than bringing just a handful of “you weren’t in” cards.

I must admit my mood wasn’t helped by the fact that having clicked the next day delivery option on Saturday morning, once they had my money they’d then said the day after Saturday  was Tuesday…

I contacted the seller who seemed to be utterly disinterested. Oh well… their loss. I immediately bought a job lot of Koi food from another aquatic supplier out of spite.

 

I then did a little CPD… and got it wrong. I say “wrong”; the blood transfusion simulator is very much a work in progress that no one seems to be working on. I suspect (hope) I’ve found a glitch in the system.

And with something of a sense of failure I went to bed for the afternoon.

 

On waking I watched the first episode of “Shadow and Bone”; a watchable enough show. And as I watched I got a message that our Munzee clan had reached its monthly target today. That was a minor result. I didn’t think we’d get the required amount of Qrewzees – to get those you have to be a paid-up Munzer (not just anyone can do a Qrewzee, you know!) and only half of our clan have paid up.

I also got a message that there had been another attempt to deliver my pond filter at half past three this afternoon… There hadn’t.

I shall collect it from the sorting office tomorrow… when hopefully I won’t be so grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment