27 August 2022 (Satuday) - Back to Eastbourne

I slept surprisingly well last night. Yesterday had been rather full-on. I’d spent much of the shift at work telling people that what with dog walk and shopping I was worn out before I started work, and I suppose following that with an impromptu road trip of a hundred miles didn’t help matters. Mind you after five hours I was wide awake.
 
I made toast and phoned the hospital (East Dean ward) and was told that Dad had had a “good night”. What an utterly meaningless phrase that is. Apparently when I phoned he was sleeping but was easily roused. I made an appointment for me and my brother to visit this afternoon (you have to make appointments to visit!) then saw about some brekkie.
With little of note on-line I went into the garden. I had a look at the fountain attachments I bought yesterday. It turned out they weren’t what I wanted, but I bodged the pond’s fountain into shape, and managed to hide its power cable too. And I then cleaned out the pond filter. It cleaned far quicker and easier than the old one ever did.
 I unloaded the car of the cobles and rocks that I bought yesterday, and with “My Boy TM” busy I managed to get the heavy paving slabs out and into place; even if I did do for my back and cut my hand rather impressively. As I waited for the bleeding to stop I mooched about planning until it was time to set off.
 
There had been plans to go to the monthly geo-meet today. There had also been plans to go to the Duck Race in Hythe. Instead I drove to Hastings, and after a cuppa with family (together with my brother) I set off to the Eastbourne hospital for the second time in as many days.
Dad was as well as could be expected the day after a major stroke. He was sleeping, but woke when he heard us. He tried to speak to us, but was slurring a lot. He wasn’t happy about being in hospital; he certainly wasn’t happy about being in Eastbourne. He wanted lemonade, but as he seems to have lost the ability to swallow that was a big no-no. We stayed with him for forty minutes, but it was clear we were tiring hm by being there, so we slipped off as he slept.
 
I came home to a message from “er indoors TM; she was off to the woods with the dogs. Did I want to come along? I did. We had a good walk. And with walk walked we came home for a bit of dinner. Maria had sent up some pies… Oh they were good.
 
I’m feeling rather worn out… I’ve had a rather stressful couple of days. And my hand is rather sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment