28 August 2022 (Sunday) - Family Bingo Afternoon

Another restless night; despite going to bed earlier than usual I slept for less than five hours, and after two more hours of laying wide awake I got up.

With the puppies tiddled and settled with “er indoors TM I made toast and watched another episode of “Shadow and Bone” then phoned Eastbourne hospital to find out how Dad had done overnight. I spoke to one of the nurses who said that he was still unable to swallow and they’ve put a tube in to feed him. He don’t like it and is trying to pull it out. They’ve put mittens on him to try to stop him.

He was being reviewed by the chest people this morning as he seems to be developing a chest infection (from where he’s not swallowing properly). He’s been on oxygen overnight but his O2 level was back where it should have been.

There was talk of physio and speech therapy after the weekend…

I decided not to go down to visit today as they said there was really not a lot of change… Yesterday and Friday I was convinced I was tiring him out by being there.

 

I went into the garden and fiddled about wit the pond. I laid the paving slabs and got the splash pool cleaned out. I then fiddled about plumbing in the new second filter box, and got the slide covered over  to make a cascade…

After over two hours I stopped; not entirely happy with what I’d done. The slide/cascade arrangement is far too short. If I can get a longer one I can push the filter boxes back and disguise them. It will stay as it is until such time as I can get a slide thingy which is two metres long (double the length of the one I’ve got) or until I get fed up with it.

 

I took the dogs to the woods where we had a good walk. We met three sets of dogs and all encounters went well. The puppies said hello nicely, and Treacle kept her distance.

With the rain having subsided we went round to the abode of “My Boy TM” for a family bingo afternoon. Over the year everyone has put in ten quid each month, and we had several rounds of bingo for cash prizes. Bearing in mind what I’d put in over the last few months I was twenty quid down on the deal. But it wasn’t about the money; we had a rather good afternoon. And after six pints of ale it was all rather vague…

No comments:

Post a Comment