20 August 2022 (Saturday) - Late Shift

I overslept somewhat today. Thinking it was perhaps shortly after seven I woke to find it was after nine o’clock. I flew downstairs to see to the puppies. They were both fast asleep.

With the morning ritual done and cleared away (yuk!) I made toast. Having run out of jam I had a rummage in the cupboard and found some honey. That was good for an argument. I like the set stuff (as God intended) but “er indoors TM prefers “the runny shite” (to coin a phrase). Mind you the so-called “set” stuff wasn’t as set as it might have been.

 

I had a look at the Internet as I scoffed the toast. The Internet was still there, and much the same as ever. Rather than wasting my time there I chivvied “er indoors TMinto action and we went to B&Q. Yesterday I looked at lengths of wood for fixing the shed and decided I’d need help to carry them home… Did they shrink overnight? The same things were much more manageable this morning, and I carried three home having wasted twenty minutes of “er indoors TM’s time.

 

Once home I fed the pond fish. “er indoors TM cleared up dog sick. It was one of the puppies – you could tell because of the fish food (dogs are gross creatures!).

I set off for work. It wasn't my idea; I've already worked five days this week, but I had been allocated six. The pundits on the radio were talking about diesel shortages in Haiti so I turned the radio off and sang along to my odd choice of music.

As I got near to work I took a minor diversion for geo-reasons. Every year the third Saturday in August is International Geocaching Day and there is an e-souvenir if you log a find on that day. I've got one on the last nine, so I felt really should go for it today. There was also a world-wide attempt to get the most logged geo-finds on any one day. No one really seemed to know what the most on any one day was before, so I suppose no matter what happens, a record will be claimed anyway. I made the find and went on to work. Looking back through my diary I see that of the ten International Geocaching Days I've been involved with I had been working on nine of them.

 

I got to work and went to the canteen. Fish fingers and chips followed by jam roly-poly and custard went down very nicely. But (as is so often the way with the late shifts) the day was effectively all over by the early afternoon.

Some days in my life are rather good... and others have a highlight of a trip to B&Q and a bowl of jam roly-poly and custard...

No comments:

Post a Comment