2 March 2013 (Saturday) - Poly Tunnel

It is commonly said that variety is the spice of life. So with that in mind in a novel break with tradition I had jam on my morning toast rather than peanut butter.

Leaving "er indoors TM" in her pit I went round to Queen Street (I still snigger about the name!) and from there we made our way to Bilting. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that on 27 April 2008 I helped effect repairs to Robert's poly tunnel. He'd obtained a second one for his garden, and he'd got the framework together. but putting the poly onto the tunnel isn't something that can be done single-handed. Half a dozen of us got stuck in and made very short work of the job. Even including stopping for coffee and home made cake we were done in a couple of hours. I got to affix the doors. I think we did a very good job. There's photos of our efforts on-line.

We stopped and had lunch with Robert. Uncut bread and home-made tomato soup. Very nice! And then home to find things hadn't quite gone to plan. The idea was that we would go to Bethersden for a bit of a stroll. But "er indoors TM" wasn't back from getting her car tyre fixed. And to add insult to injury the washing machine repair man hadn't been able to fix the washing machine either. Apparently a wire has broken in its loom. He's ordered a new part which should be with us for next week. Let's hope so - I'm running low on smalls.

"er indoors TM" returned and after a quick cuppa we took Furry Face far a walk. Whilst out he ate far too much dung of assorted other animals. Which probably explains why he was sick when we came home.
And with "er indoors TM" off out for the evening I settled down with Fudge. He seemed to have recovered from his throwing up, but I didn't want to take any chances so I wouldn't leave him alone.
I never wanted a dog...


No comments:

Post a Comment