8 March 2022 (Tuesday) - Quite Odd (!)

The dogs and “er indoors TM” slept well, and consequently so did I. I set another negative COVID test going, made toast, and had a little fight with my lap-top. It wasn’t keen on getting started this morning. Eventually it staggered into action. I think the poor thing is getting old, but what with spending out on new cam belts and new kitchens I’d rather not replace it just yet.

 

I peered at the Internet to see what I’d missed (if anything) overnight. Facebook gave me ten notifications; sadly not one was worth the electricity it had taken to generate.  There was a rather sad attempt to start an argument on one of the Radio Four related Facebook pages in which someone who is always arguing about trans rights was trying to turn a post about financial controls into an anti-men rant. Fortunately no one was taking the bait. There was quite a good a squabble on one of the Hastings-related Facebook pages in which someone was organising an event (this coming weekend) in which the masses would march up and down Hastings sea front in support of the Ukrainians whose country has been invaded. Some people thought the march was a good idea; others didn’t. Personally I suspect that Vladimir Putin is going to be forever unaware of a couple of dozen people walking along Hastings sea front, but I didn’t say as much, plenty of other people had already done so. However I did make the mistake of saying that I found it rather ironic that this march is taking place in a town which only a few short months ago saw a load of residents trying to stop the life boat being launched for fear it might be saving drowning refugees.

 

“er indoors TM” was getting rather paranoid this morning; not having seen a “I Can Has Cheezeburgers” meme for months, they were mentioned on some quiz show or other at the weekend, and apparently her Facebook feed is now filled with them. Apparently one of the devices in the house is obviously spying on us. Whichever it is, it obviously doesn’t consider me worth spamming, does it?

 

I took the dogs to the park. They were as good as gold. They played “ball” for a bit, then walked  (off the leads) perfectly at heel. I could see other dog walkers watching in amazement at how well behaved my two were today.

As we walked home down Christchurch Road a passing mad woman told me my dogs looked “quite odd”, then hurried away at the insistence of her husband. It was probably as well that she hurried away(!)

 

Once home I filled the dishwasher, spent five minutes plunging the bath’s plug hole, played “Sweardle” (which I got right on the fourth attempt) and “Lewdle” in which I failed entirely. Apparently “Gonzo” is now a rude word? I thought “Gonzo” was a chicken-obsessed muppet? After a quick go on the blood transfusion compatibility simulator (good old CPD!) I watched the “Trailer Park Boys” and polished my walking boots whilst trying not to wake the dogs who were snoring on either side of me.

 

Leaving the dogs snoring I set off to work. It didn’t take *that* long for me to remember where I’d left my car last night. And I wasn’t stuck in a traffic jam on the M20 for *too* long really.

I got to work… and the rest of the day was dull. Incredibly hectic,,, but dull nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment