17 March 2022 (Thursday) - Bottle of Plonk

After a busy night shift I was glad to see the early shift turn up. I drove home listening to the radio, and there wasn’t an awful lot to listen to. In a novel break with tradition there wasn’t endless talk about the ongoing situation in Ukraine; instead the pundits on the radio focussed on the release of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe who has been held in prison in Iran for many years (for “allegedly plotting against the Iranian government”). However rather than giving any actual news, they kept repeating how her family was pleased to have her home (as though that was a surprise to anyone) then interviewed the Minister of State for Europe and North America who kept repeating that all the details of her release are confidential and he couldn’t say anything.

 

I got home, had a shave and went to bed where despite Treacle’s barking at shadows for much of the morning I managed three hours asleep, finally getting up at mid-day. I made toast and scoffed it as I peered into social media rather later than usual. One friend was having a birthday today, and a few people (who live locally) were pretending to be Irish in honour of today being St Patrick’s Day. This boils my piss. (Sorry!) These are the same people who pretend to be Scottish on Burns night and at New Year despite having no Scottish heritage at all either. I once challenged one of these people asking why (if your Celtic heritage is so important) do you live as far away from Scotland and Ireland as you can possibly get whilst still being in the UK?

I never got a reply.

 

There had been talk of me driving “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” to the hospital for another scan this afternoon, but having heard nothing I popped the lead on to Treacle and walked her up to the park (leaving the washing machine having a go at some laundry). On the way there she grumbled at a couple of other dogs from the safety of the other side of the road, but once at the park we walked round as good as gold; which was something of a bonus. As we walked I did a little crafty Munz-ing but my Munzee app has developed an issue. It is fine immediately after the phone re-starts, but when I go back to the app after a few minutes the icons and text are all huge. I wonder if there is an easy fix for this?

 

We came home and I cracked on with the ironing whilst watching episodes of “Trailer Park Boys”, then got the lap-top out and as the washing machine did its best with my undercrackers I played “Star Trek: Elite Force” as Treacle sucked on my T-shirt (for some strange reason).

 

“er indoors TM” came home and boiled up a really good bit of dinner which was washed down with a rather good bottle of Sainsbury’s Hock as we watched episodes of “Yonderland”. Sainsbury’s Hock isn’t at all shabby – and it is less than a fiver for a bottle.

I shall get some more of that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment