3 March 2022 (Thursday) - Munz-ing Before Work

I think I slept well; I have a vague recollection of having had a fight with Pogo in the small hours, but it may well have been a dream. When I got up at half past five this morning Pogo was at the foot of the bed seemingly sleeping the sleep of the just. His sister was snoring like a thing possessed too.

 

I watched a rather good episode of "Trailer Park Boys" as I scoffed toast but rather than sparking up my lap-top after telly, I set off on a little mission. With today being the start of the Munzee Clan War I had a couple of things to do. First of all I drove down to Wooton Road in the search for a couple of Qrates. I found a gold one and a diamond encrusted one as well (which was nothing like the result you might think it would be; in fact this was something of "a pain in the glass" as “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM would say), and deployed some evos at the same time (as one does).

From there I went up to the town centre to cap some Points of Interest. For all that they are called "Points of Interest", they are not at all interesting; in fact they were rather dull. From there I drove up to Repton Park where I deployed cards and barns and treasure chests (and even a Skyland) like a thing possessed. After an hour's concerted Munz-ing I'd got a serious amount of this month's requirements done, had accrued far more points than sense, and then headed off up the M20 dual carriageway (it *isn't* a motorway any more!) to work.

 

As I drove the pundits on  the radio were talking about the ongoing war in Ukraine. There was an interview with one of the head honchos of the European Union who was talking about how the EU is trying to decrease Europe's dependence on Russian gas. I must admit I was wrong in one of my rants of last week: the UK only gets five per cent of its gas from Russia. I thought it was far more than that. However Germany gets over half its gas from Russia and (obviously) doesn't want to piss on its own chips with any sanctions it imposes on Russia by having Mr Putin turn off their gas supply. The chap being interviewed made the observation that in buying Russian gas, the EU are actually financing the invasion of Ukraine that they are protesting about.

There was a lot of talk about how Europe is going to massively increase its use of renewable energy, import more gas from the USA, and possibly ramp up the use of nuclear and coal powered power stations. It was suggested (and not denied) that the COP-26 agreements of last year are out the window because of this. So much for stopping global warming...

 

I got to work, had a cuppa, and then got on with that which I could not avoid. At tea break I finally got round to having a look at the Internet. It would seem that today was “World Book Day” in which children across the country pretend to have some degree of literacy by dressing up as their favourite film or TV character in the forlorn hope that it was originally based on something out of a book. It is just as well this is a relatively recent development; had it been something that was done in the 1990s “My Boy TM” and “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” would have been sent to school in their usual attire with instructions to tell the teacher they were the little boy and little girl whose daddy couldn’t be bothered.

Three years ago I came up with a list of my top ten books for World Book Day; I think it probably fair to say that the list is probably still good.

And I saw that Facebook have had an about turn in their Community Standards. Last night I squealed up some epically-titted bimbo who had sent me a message offering me a free nudey sauce romp. The Facebook Feds agreed with me that peddling filth did breach their Community Standards and they had censored the smut on her profile picture.

I’m seeing that as a victory for puritans everywhere!! 

As I type this Pogo is going absolutely ham (to coin a phrase!) – he seems to have developed an irrational fear of the dishwasher…

No comments:

Post a Comment