27 March 2022 (Sunday) - Mother's Day

What with receiving a drunk phone call at one o’clock, listening to snoring, and Treacle slurping on the duvet for much of the small hours I didn’t have the most restful of nights. Having the clocks going forward an hour didn’t help much either.

Having run out of Slimfast shakes I had toast and coffee as I watched “Trailer Park Boys” before sparking up the lap-top. There was a minor squabble happening on one of the kite-flying Facebook pages in which there was consternation being expressed at people giving daily spoilers for the answers to Wordle.

I had hoped to see photos of what I’d missed yesterday; there had been a Kent county geo-meet while I’d been working but no one had posted any photos of what had happened.

And a friend’s band had been playing last night but no photos of that had appeared either.

 

We drove up to Meopham. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that last Tuesday I went to Meopham to look at puppies and I wrote “There were two puppies to be seen. One is a dead ringer for Fudge, and for all that I wanted a boy, looking so much like Fudge I would subconsciously be expecting that dog to be my Fudge, and that wouldn’t be fair on him. The little girl is a sweetie, though. I shall go back with “er indoors TM  in a few days’ time”. In the intervening time I’ve been looking at photos of the puppies and decided that there are marked differences between the little boy and my Fudge. And seeing how the little girl seemed to be hiding behind her brother I wasn’t happy about separating the puppies. Seeing how no one had been up to buy them in the meantime I saw this as fate telling me to get both of them. The nice lady seemed delighted that brother and sister puppies would be staying together. I amazed myself by doing a bank transfer from my phone… and we collect the babies in a couple of weeks’ time. Hopefully by then we’ll have names for them. I was thinking “William” and “Spud” but have been told “No!” from pretty much everyone who has heard the suggestion.

I took a few photos of the puppies, and after half an hour’s fussing them we really had to make a move.

 

We came back to Ashford where we collected “My Boy TM”.  Daddy’s Little Angel TM” has known all along about the puppies, but we decided that the first fruit of my loin might not be as receptive to the news as his sister. We thought it best that the news came from his mother rather than from me; the difference being his just laying an egg as opposed to going full-on bat-shit-mental at me.

We then drove down to Dymchurch where I’d been told there was a family get-together going on. Having been in a caravan for a girlie weekend Cheryl and Lacey were meeting us at the pub in Dymchurch…Having got to Dymchurch I then drove along the coast for several miles to where we were supposed to be.

It wasn’t long before a dozen of us were all together at The Neptune for Mother’s Day…

 

Have you ever been to The Neptune? Being right next to a caravan park it has a captive clientele and the fact that it has a captive clientele was obvious. The food was good; most of us had the carvery, but the staff were a tad hopeless. The chap dishing out the food was dealing with each plate as though that was the first one he’d ever done.

Bless him.

 

It was good to catch up with family, but after a while we all went our separate ways (as we do). We drove home, collected Treacle (once we’d woken her) then together with “My Boy TM” and Rolo we had a little walk round Singleton Lake. Treacle really enjoyed the walk. Having spent every single walk since Pogo went home last Monday stuck to my side it was good to see her running about and playing.

 

Having had a decent bit of dinner earlier we skipped tea (and had a cuppa and biccies instead) and watched an episode of “Richard Osman’s House of Games”.

Today has been rather busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment