5 March 2022 (Saturday) - Early Shift

Finding myself wide awake far too early (yet again)  I made toast and watched another episode of "Trailer Park Boys" before setting off on yet another little Munzee mission. I've got this theory that if I "go ham" at the Munzee Clan War requirements over the next few days I can take it easy later in the month. It was rather dark as I set off, and once I'd  capped nine points of interest I saw it was just getting light as I was sticking bar codes to ten lamp posts in the Orchard Heights estate.

 

The motorway was surprisingly busy for a Saturday early morning; I suppose only having two lanes (and them both restricted to fifty miles per hour) didn't help. I caught the tail end of a piece on the radio about how much farmland is turned over to producing red meat and how it would be far more productively used growing vegetables. It may well  be more productively used growing vegetables, but I quite like scoffing red meat.

There was a lot of talk about the ongoing war in Ukraine. The global opinion is against Russia, but Russia doesn't seem to care.

There was very little air-time devoted to whatever it is that has pranged into the Moon. The consensus of opinion is that it was a Chinese rocket; even though the Chinese say it wasn't. Whatever it was that pranged did so at some speed though, and apparently scientists are looking forward to see the dust cloud generated; I suspect they don't get out much and are easily amused.

 

I got to work and did the early shift which was far busier than I would have liked it to be, with too many distractions from the C, S and K blood group antigens (as happens in my world). As I worked “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” phoned. She is trying to persuade “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM to have a haircut, and he’s not keen on the idea. Apparently I was cited as one who isn’t overburdened with hair; he replied that if I didn’t have Lego I wouldn’t have anything.

Mind you, with his long hair, SBOD looks more like his grandmother every day.

With work worked I came home missing “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM by minutes. Whilst “er indoors TM” drove them home I fell asleep watching an episode of “Trailer Park Boys”.

The dogs woke me with their commotion when “er indoors TM” came home. I spent a little while getting “Hannah” ready for tomorrow’s planned walk. “My Boy TM” phoned – did we fancy going out for a curry with them. Usually I would, but I really wasn’t feeling it this evening.
I’m feeling rather washed out…  

No comments:

Post a Comment