10 March 2022 (Thursday) - Early Shift

With Pogo off on a sleepover with his mummy there was some bed space last night. I did get some sleep but finding myself wide awake far too early yet again I made toast and watched another episode of "Trailer Park Boys" in which Ricky's brain told him to go on an epic drinking session. Ricky seems to have a love-hate relationship with his brain; at the moment they aren't getting on very well.

 

Leaving “er indoors TM” and Treacle snoring I set off to work and watched with frank amazement as the driver of one small van deliberately dangerously cut in front of another at the Cows Roundabout, and then both drivers deliberately tried to ram each other and drive each other off of the road. Fortunately one managed a decoy move to send the other up the motorway slip road (and away). It was quite amazing to watch, but at the same time rather scary to be driving behind.

 

As I drove to work the talk on the radio was about the situation in the Ukraine... and nothing else. Admittedly the situation in the Ukraine is dire with the invading forces supposedly now bombing a hospital but back in the day the morning news used to cover a range of stories. This morning there was no mention of the discovery of Shackleton's ship Endurance found at the sea bed a century after it sank. There was no mention of the ongoing disastrous aftermath of Brexit that I suffer every day in "Operation Brock" or the ongoing miles of queues of lorries at Dover, and even coronageddon is very much yesterday's chip-wrappings even though another peak is expected.

 

I got to work for the early shift. Today wasn't originally an early for me, but I'd been asked to step in at short notice, and seeing how I am usually up early anyway, getting out of work nearly two hours early is always something of a bonus.

I did my bit, and came home arriving just as  “er indoors TM” and Treacle came back from their walk. “er indoors TM” then set off to the kitchen shop to mess about with their kitchen simulator. I stayed home and did the ironing, then fell asleep with Treacle.

 

“er indoors TM” eventually came home with a kebab (very nice!) which we scoffed whilst watching more episodes of “Yonderland”.

I’m going to have an early night… as the day has gone one today I’ve felt progressively more and more grim. I wonder if I’m sickening for something?

No comments:

Post a Comment