12 March 2022 (Saturday) - Playing Games and Watching Telly

I slept through till nine o’clock this morning, set a COVID test going, made toast, and sat and watched my lap-top doing absolutely nothing at all. The poor thing is getting slower and slower to start; so much so that it is not far from being fit only for the dustbin.

Eventually it got going and I had a look at the internet. Five friends had birthdays today… I say “five friends”. One actual friend that I’ve known for over forty years. Two childhood friends of “Daddy’s Little Angel TM  who in my mind are still misbehaving children and can’t possibly now be in their early thirties. Someone with whom I used to work, helped massively back in the day, and haven’t heard a thing from in over ten years, and someone who (I think) used to be big in the local geocaching scene years ago.  Not much else was going on in social media this morning and there were no emails of note at all.

 

“er indoors TM” set off to spend the day in Folkestone with “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM. I didn’t go; I stayed with Treacle. I don’t like leaving the dogs even though they only spend most of the day asleep.

I set the washing machine going and we went for a little walk. Without her brother along, Treacle walked very well (with no pulling at all) and we walked a little circuit round South Ashford Munzing as we went. We munzed enough to open the two Qrates I got on Wednesday (which was something of a result) and didn’t have a single “episode” at all. In fact we got barked at by several other dogs and it was quite nice not to be the one having to tell the dog off.

 

We came home to find the washing machine still going, so while it did its thing we went into the garden. I harvested the dog dung, and seeing how the garden was suddenly devoid of the stuff, Treacle did some more. Oh how I thanked her for her contribution(!) I got the lawn mowed, then cut back more of that plum tree at the back of the garden. The plums are always too high to pick, and they just fall onto the shingle and attract wasps. The tree took some cutting, but between a saw and a pair of secateurs I got the biggest branch down and cut it into bits which were small enough to go in the garden waste bin.

I then washed the back windows as “er indoors TM” had threatened dire retribution if I didn’t.

It was all rather hard work; I ached somewhat after an hour or so of chopping and snipping and sawing and washing, so I got a spot of lunch and scoffed it whilst watching an episode of “Trailer Park Boys” in which all of our heroes agreed that Ricky needed to sort his brain out.

 

I spent the afternoon playing an old favourite game. “Star Trek: Elite Force” was state of the art when it was first released… twenty years ago (!) Now… I still like it. There’s a video of the complete game on You-Tube and it plays for over four hours. Looking at that video it would seem that I spent all afternoon to get about a quarter of the way through the game. But it kept me amused.

 

“er indoors TM” came home and boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching episodes of “Yonderland”. I’d forgotten that Stephen Fry had been in the last season as “Cuddly Dick”.

Today has been rather busy. I did think today would be rather dull but it hasn’t been too bad really,  even if lots of it was spent in computer games and watching the telly…

No comments:

Post a Comment