25 March 2022 (Friday) - A Maze Ing

I was wide awake at half past three this morning and having lain awake for two hours I gave up with the idea of sleep and got up.

As I slurped my Slimfast strawberry wotsit I watched an episode of “Trailer Park Boys” in which Rick’s brain sadly let him down again, then had a look at the Internet (as I do). It was still there, but not much was going on quite so early in the morning. I had several emails about job vacancies; seemingly the world is crying out for quality managers. “Quality management” is something which boils my piss. You’d think it was all about making sure that a given workplace is performing to a high standard, wouldn’t you? It isn’t though. It is all about making sure that meaningless paperwork is all written in the right coloured ink.

 

I took something of a circuitous route to my car this morning capping and scattering as I went (it's a Munzee thing). As I drove to work I listened to the radio as I do most mornings. I listen to the radio as I want to know what is going on in  the world; this morning I didn't learn much. It really did seem to be "National Make Yourself Inaudible Day". The first chap being interviewed was the Shadow Secretary for Something or Other whose mobile phone didn't stop making a variety of odd beeping noises. This was followed by someone talking about the P&O Ferries scandal... I say "talking", "repeating the same meaningless catchphrases" would have been closer to the truth. And then there was someone with an accent so thick he could have been talking about absolutely anything at all. The only person I heard with any clarity was a bishop on the "Thought For The Day" who was talking about Mother's Day (which is this coming Sunday). Apparently mothers are positive proof of the existence of God; God sent mothers to help us all because everyone needs help in this crappy world. However the bishop glossed over why his God had made the world so crappy, and then rather disproved his own point by talking about a couple of people who are shining examples of decent people even though their mothers died when they were very young.

 

I got to work where I had something of a busy (if dull) day. And with busy (if dull) day done I came home. What with “Operation Brock” it took slightly over twice the time it usually takes to get home.

 

Once home “er indoors TM” boiled up a good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the fourth episode of the new season of “Star Trek: Picard”. Two weeks ago I said that the show had picked up, and last week I said I wasn’t impressed. I’m wondering if this season has peaked rather too soon…

We then watched a film on Amazon Prime. “Dave Made a Maze” was rather odd. Have you ever seen it? Give it a go…

No comments:

Post a Comment