26 March 2022 (Saturday) - Bit Dull Really

I slept better last night, but was still awake earlier than I’d have liked. I scoffed the last of the diet brekkie shake thingies in my Slimfast box, then watched an episode of “Trailer Park Boys”. Two of our heroes had decided it was time to turn up the heat. However Ricky thought it was time for “turnips in the heat”. In the end they were distracted by an altercation with a porcupig.

Facebook was rather dull this morning as was my in-box, so taking care not to wake Treacle or “er indoors TM” I got ready for work.

 

As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio were spouting their usual drivel. In the past their usual drivel used to be a balanced summary of the day’s news. However these days their usual drivel is endless speculation about what is going on in Ukraine. Will the Americans do this? Why aren’t the Chinese doing that? There must be something happening in the world other than the conflict in Ukraine?

 

I got to work and had a far busier morning that I had intended to have. If anyone ever tells you that blood group O Negative can be transfused into anyone, ask if they would have liked my morning in which I had an O Negative patient whose blood would have made short work of pretty much most of the population. A long time ago I once described working in a blood bank as hours of tedium interspersed by moments of stark panic, and after many years’ reflection I think that is a fair summary.

 

I came home, woke Treacle (she was fast asleep) and took her round the block for a little stroll. Her flea treatment stuff was ready for collection from the vet so we went to get it. She wasn’t keen on going in there at all. She cried and wanted me to carry her and quivered in terror when the receptionist tried to pet her. Fudge never liked the vet either.

 

We came home and I had a little look in the back garden. It was as well that I did; the screen I built on Thursday had collapsed. That lasted a long time (!) I shall have another look at it in the week, but I think it might well be going to the tip. Rather than sorting it out I slobbed in front of the telly until “er indoors TM” came home. She boiled up a Slimfast recipe – a fry-up with sausages, bacon, fried egg and change out of six hundred calories.

As we scoffed it we watched the first of the Stand Up To Cancer “Celebrity Bake Off” episodes in which one of the celebrities started off by admitting that she wasn’t so much a baker as a cake enthusiast. A little later she said that some people were meant to be, and others were meant to be baked for.

I can agree with those sentiments. 

And my Munzee app told me we’ve got to our Clan War target for this month, which was a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment