28 August 2021 (Saturday) - A Stag Do

I was out like a light when my phone beeped with a reminder to do another COVID test. I’ve asked them not to send those reminders at quite such an ungodly hour. Do I really have to block their number?

Finding myself wide awake I got up, made toast and had a look at the Internet. Facebook was awash with people trying to sell stuff this morning. Lego, fishing gear… all vastly over-priced with shallow promises of “vintage” meaning “worth more” when what they should have said was “second-hand” meaning “used”. But all the time people pay over the odds, other people will take their money.

I also saw that today was the first anniversary of the release of the new “Bill and Ted” film; I’ve still not seen it.

There was an amazingly petty squabble on one of the Facebook Lego-related pages in which someone had made a very impressive model of the BattleStar Galactica out of fake Lego which upset the Lego purists no end.

And there were quite a few photos of now-dead pets on Facebook. Today is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day when we all remember our beloved pets that have passed on. I’m sure whoever came up with this idea had the best of intentions, but does anyone *really* need this? It is four and a half months since my best boy died in my arms and two and a half months since Sid went. Both are raw nerves and I really don’t need some bleeding heart do-gooder reminding me of that about which I am still pathetically blubbing on a daily basis.

I then spent an hour solving two geo-puzzles. Both were Jigidi jigsaw puzzles. They filled time whilst I waited for “er indoors TM” to emerge from her pit.

 

Pausing only briefly to collect Ro-Ro we drove yup to Kings Wood or a little walk. Pogo immediately dumped, and as I took his “stuff” to the poo-bin I heard him and Treacle kicking off. As I came back from the poo-bin so I saw them kicking off at another big dog. I shouted at them and they immediately ran to me and sat. As they should. I have a theory that some of their bad behaviour is actually their idea of protecting er indoors TM”.

We then had a good walk round the woods; we saw some other dogs and each encounter passed off without incident. Perhaps because I was there to protect er indoors TM” and so they didn’t need to? Or perhaps because the voices in their heads said so?

 

We came home for a cuppa and a slice of cake. As I scoffed I solved another geo-jigsaw. I don’t like these puzzles, but it is all good preparation for a walk at some stage in the future. And then the phone beeped. Favourite daughter-in-law had announced that there was helium to be collected from Argos. Bearing in mind that I don’t dare say no to her, I leapt into action. I took Pogo and Treacle to “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” where they are having a sleepover, then came home via Argos where they seemed to be having a “park like an idiot” day.

Once I’d finally collected what I had been sent to collect I came home to find that in my absence we’d had a torrential downpour.

 

I had a shower, and it wasn’t long before Chris and Kirsty were at the door. We all drove down to Dymchurch where one branch of the family gathered. Matt and Glen had been told they were going to a quiet barbecue. They had no idea what was waiting for them. To be honest, neither did I…

There’s a few photos here. Hook a duck for shots. Party games. Karaoke. More drink than sense. And the cabaret…  it all got rather messy…

No comments:

Post a Comment