4 August 2024 (Sunday) - Hic!

Despite having been disconnected from the Internet overnight I woke to see my phone had loads of notifications. It really does seem to go on-line of its own accord during the night to see if it has missed anything. There was news from those who had been camping overnight at the Geo-Mega-Event; someone or other had arranged an early morning alarm call by having a bagpipe band kicking off at eight o’clock. I wouldn’t have been happy about that either. The frankly ridiculous drumming that took place yesterday (twice) was bad enough.
Such a shame that having had what many people told me had been a good week’s holiday it had to be marred by bagpipes so early in the morning after what was apparently quite the party last night.
 
Whilst “er indoors TM” had a tidy up I slipped off to Asda for some shopping. “er indoors TM gave me a copy of some bar code or other that I had to tell the cashier to scan. I got my shopping and presented the bar code. The cashier woman spent five minutes telling me that thus bar code would do nothing, and to prove it she scanned the bar code.
She was seriously unimpressed when her till then told her to give me a discount.
 
I came home and got the event shelter and chairs out of the lock-up and set up for the afternoon. Friends and family came round, and I for one drank myself silly. It was rather good to catch up…

No comments:

Post a Comment