8 February 2022 (Tuesday) - Even More Dull.

I again woke feeling like death warmed up. I can’t say I’m keen on that. But I got up and got on with my usual morning.

As yet another negative COVID test incubated I sparked up my lap-top and had a look to see what had happened overnight. It would seem there was a fire in a local park last night. The general consensus of opinion from the keyboard warriors of local social media was that it was the local teenagers who (so it would seem) are getting rather cocky as the local police are demonstrably not interested in doing the job of a police force. There was again mention of setting up a vigilante team. Will it ever happen? I doubt it. Whinging on Facebook is easier than getting off of an arse.

There was also a lot of indignant consternation being expressed about the closure of Britain’s oldest pub. After over a thousand years “Ye Olde Fighting Cocks” is closing its doors… for all that the locals want to live in the vicinity of Britain’s oldest pub, they don’t want to spend their hard-earned cash in there. Much like pubs everywhere, really.

There wasn’t much else happening on Facebook. I sent out a couple of birthday wishes and checked my emails. I had yet another friend request from someone via LinkedIn. Yet another someone I don’t know who works for a recruitment agency. LinkedIn is a bit rubbish, isn’t it? Does anyone do anything with it other than accept or reject offers from recruitment consultants?

 

I took the dogs out for a little walk up to the park and back again. We had a very good walk. Treacle carried her ball; Pogo played “catch” a few times, then carried his ball. The dogs carrying balls is not unlike a baby having a dummy; it has an amazing calming influence on them when we are out.

As we walked we met OrangeHead’s posse, then five minutes later we met a solitary OrangeHead. Has there been another falling out in the Viccie Park dog walking mafia?

 

We came home where I made a cuppa and had another slice of that out-of-date Christmas cake, then bought two more Rovers from the Munzee store. I got three yesterday, but there were always five dogs in the family wolf-pack, so this morning I got Qid and Qolo because I felt oddly guilty for not having done so yesterday.

I posted something rather normal to a work-based Facebook group, then got ready for work.

 

I drove into town and parked at the railway station where I capped some rather dull Points of Interest  then set off to work. I stopped in Sissinghurst to get some bottles of beer for our next walk, got seven bouncers out of a Skyland (there should only ever be six!) and... 


...Quite frankly that was it for today. The morning had been rather dull, and the afternoon was no better.

No comments:

Post a Comment