9 February 2022 (Wednesday) - Dancing Knickers

With an alarm set I had a terrible night's sleep. I eventually gave up trying to sleep, got up and made brekkie which I scoffed whilst watching telly. Not having been up silly-early before work for weeks I've not been watching any mind-numbing drivel on Netflix in the mornings, so today I started watching "People Just Do Nothing" again which was rather entertaining. Watching it again I saw quite a few little bits I'd clearly forgotten about.

 

Taking care not to wake the dogs (or “er indoors TM”) I got dressed and set off to work... I started the car and disaster struck. Last month as I drove to Hastings the car suddenly told me that one of the tyre pressures were low. Today it told me all of them were low. And then I remembered it had told me that last night as I’d driven home, and I’d forgotten all about it.

I drove round to Brookfield Road and put some air into all of the tyres, pressed the "I've put some air in" button, and then drove to Pembury expecting the warning to come on again at any point. Not having had a car with tyre pressure sensors before I can't help but wonder just how long I drove around in the past on under-pressured (flat?) tyres.

As I drove I listened to the pundits on the radio spouting their drivel. Having had two weeks off sick, a week of holiday, a night shift and four late shifts I've missed the morning drivel.

There was talk about calls for the Elgin marbles to be returned to Greece as Boris Johnson’s final act in office.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has been appointed as Minister For Brexit Opportunities following claims that all the outcomes of Brexit have been negative, and that it is high time something positive came from it.

And there was an interview with billionaire John Armitage who having given millions of pounds to the Conservative party now thinks it is high time Boris Johnson was chucked out.

He might have a point.

 

Despite piddling about at the garage  and with road works I made good time to Pembury, and with a few minutes spare I went into Tesco. I've whinged about the Pembury branch of Tesco before... It is a special place. Today all the staff were wearing face coverings *below* their noses. Did none of them understand the concept of breathing?

 

I got to work where we had a rather busy morning; something of a shame as that hadn't been my plan for the day. Though we did have a chuckle as the day went on. A colleague had a message from her grandfather who had just come back from his pensioner's square-dancing session in which a "young 'un" (in her late sixties) hadn't been wearing "dancing knickers" and during a particularly vigorous twirl had shown the world a rather racy thong. Let that be a lesson to us all - be sure to have the correct underwear for the correct occasion. There is a place for racy thongs… and it ain’t at the pensioner’s square-dancing.

 

I then headed home again watching my car's warning displays like a hawk worrying about tyre pressure alerts. Once home I saw I had a pressie; “er indoors TM” had got me one of those car tyre pump thingies that plug into the lighter socket. I suppose I really should be having a go with it every week or so to keep the alar at bay.

And then we had a minor disaster – the supermarket didn’t have any tins of “Doctor Pepper” so I had to rough it with a tin of raspberry flavoured diet Fanta with my dinner… I can’t say I’m keen on the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment