14 February 2022 (Monday) - Back to Work

I woke in the small hours to find that an alliance of “er indoors TM” and two small dogs had captured most of the duvet. I had just enough to cover myself, so rather than launching a retaliatory campaign I resigned myself to being grateful that I’d got any duvet and made myself as comfortable as I could,

 

I went into Facebook looking to kick ass this morning. Over the last few weeks and months and years I’ve mentioned about the trivial squabbles that get blown out of all proportion; most recently ones (amazingly) on the Facebook “Upstairs Downstairs: The Original Series” page. Following a squabble over the weekend (which I missed entirely) there was a call for volunteers to help police the group. I’ve volunteered and have been appointed “moderator” and “group expert” on there. Go me!! Armed with the power to moderate I cruised in there… and everyone was behaving themselves. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Mind you I’ve been helping to moderate the Julian May Sci-Fi books Facebook group, and that one (for the most part) has been rather uneventful.

I did have an advert on my Facebook feed for some T-shirt company operating out of Whistler in British Columbia. Apparently Facebook showed me the ad because the ad is aimed at people with an interest in skiing (!) and Facebook (not me) decided to add “skiing” to my list of interests. I pressed the button to see what else was on my list of interests on my Facebook profile. It would seem I was also interested in “cosmetics”, “fleet command”, “yoga”, “dresses”, “funny nurses”, “marathons” and “home schooling”. I wonder where they got those ideas from?

 

I had a look at my emails. A new geocache had gone live on the other side of town. If I hadn’t been on a late shift today I might well have been driving past it at the right time and might well have had the chance of a First to Find. As it was I didn’t see that it had gone live until about half an hour after I expected the local FTF hound would have got there.

I had emails telling me that quite a few people had awarded favourite points to the series of Wherigos that I put out in Brook late last year. That was something of a result.

And I saw that despite having doubled the credit limit on my credit card (at the suggestion of the nice people at Credit Karma), my credit score at Credit Karma has remained unchanged.

 

I took the dogs up to the park where we had a relatively good walk. Pogo seems to be losing interest in playing “fetch” or “catch” though.

With walk walked we came home; I carried on getting mud off of the walking boots and sorted undercrackers whilst watching an episode of “People Just Do Nothing”, then with a little time on my hands wrote up some CPD and sent out a load more reminders to people about the weekend’s geo-meet before getting ready for work.

 

I took a rather circuitous route to work; perhaps more circuitous than it might have been had I not taken the wrong turn shortly after junction four of the motorway. After seemingly herculean brain-straining I'd solved a geo-puzzle some time ago, and today was the first time that I was (vaguely) in the area so I thought I might winkle it out of its hidey-hole and do the secret geo-ritual to keep me occupied on the way to work. Bearing in mind how much effort I'd put in to solving the puzzle, finding the final film pot came as something of an anti-climax.

 

And with geocache found I went in to work. What with surgery, holiday and secondments to Pembury I'd not been in to work for five weeks. It was still there, and was much the same as when I'd left it. I did my bit on another late shift (I seem to be doing quite a few of these at the moment). I quite like the late start, but I can't say I'm keen on the late finish. Mind you, I'm in no way complaining, but the drive home straight down the motorway is *far* easier (and forty minutes quicker) that the tortuous cross-county drives through the lanes in the pitch darkness that I was doing last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment