13 February 2022 (Sunday) - Wet Sunday

As I scoffed my toast this morning I read something on the Internet which really sums up the world we live in. There is a school in Lancashire which has banned meat products from the meals it provides, and has demanded that all the children’s packed lunches be vegetarian ones. Personally if one of the fruits of my loin were at the school I would be telling the head teacher to get knotted, but it would seem that I would be in the minority. The article I read says (“it” being the school in question) “  it has hasn't received any complaints about its meals, Facebook is full of unhappy parents”. Isn’t this social media in a nutshell? Never *ever* complain properly in a reasoned manner to someone who might be able to address the issue. Instead just dash out a poorly-written rant on Facebook.

I then spent a little while sending out invites to the geo-event I’m staging next Saturday. So far it looks like there will only be a handful of people showing up, but in previous events I’ve run half a dozen people come along for every one that logs that they will turn up, So here’s hoping.

 

As “er indoors TM” got busy sorting the grouting in the bathroom I took the dogs for a walk to the co-op field. As we walked we had a near “episode” when a passing child got to two feet away from us then decided to scream and shout and have a complete melt-down which (of course) set the dogs barking and going frantic. Her father was with her and said that she didn’t like dogs. Well… she doesn’t have to like them; why not just walk straight past? Did she need to make such an attention-seeking fuss? I asked the father this question… he asked the child. It had never occurred to her.

We played “ball” in the co-op field. Treacle carried hers, but Pogo soon lost interest. He likes me to bounce the ball so he can catch it in mid-air, but tennis balls don’t bounce very high from wet grass. Mind you I suspect those in the allotments were bouncing high… no matter what time of day (on any day) we go there, the track into the field reeks of whatever it is that those in the allotments are smoking

 

With walk walked we came home and I went into the garden for a little pootle. I harvested a bumper crop of dog turds, got the lawn-mower out and gave the lawn its first scalping of the year. In the past I’ve always waited until Easter before starting in the garden, but these days I daren’t leave it that late. Bearing in mind how good the lawn looked last year I went round with the lawn food, then scraped all the mud off of the walking boots (that got encrusted yesterday) and put everything away. I was closing the shed door (and just about to come inside for a nice cuppa) when the shed door fell off in my hands. Woops.

It didn’t take *that* long to fix but was a pain in the glass that I could have done without. Especially bearing in mind how cold it was today and that the rain was trying to start.

 

Just as I finally got that cuppa so the phone rang. Father-in-law had been admitted to hospital this morning with a suspected thrombosis. Sadly due to that hospital’s interpretation of the COVID rules he isn’t allowed any visitors.

 

I spent the afternoon ironing whilst watching episodes of “People just Do Nothing” whilst “er indoors TM” cleaned out the kitchen cupboards (ably assisted by Treacle and Pogo) until “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” came to visit. Her and Big Jake were on their way to visit “My Boy TM”. She looks like she really has swallowed a spacehopper.

After a few minutes Cheryl arrived to give them both a lift. She’d been shopping for Yorkshire puddings and couldn’t find any. We offered her some, and she went berserk… best before 2018? They’ve been in the freezer. How “off” can they be… 

“er indoors TM” boiled up a very good roast dinner which we scoffed whilst watching “Lego Masters : Australia”. Tonight’s was the Star Wars episode… I wouldn’t mind being in that show – such a shame the UK version got cancelled…
I actually got quite a bit done today on what was a rather wet and miserable Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment