6 February 2022 (Sunday) - Rain Stopped Play

I was wide awake at silly o’clock this morning, and seemingly unable to get back to sleep I got up and watched a film on Netflix. I can vaguely remember being disappointed with ID2 in the past, but I quite liked the film this morning. As the film went on so the forecast rain started.

 

I then sparked up my lap-top and saw that four Facebook friends had birthdays today. I saw that one hadn’t done anything at all on Facebook since she got a load of birthday wishes last year, I didn’t really know who two of them were… but one got the birthday video.

I had a message (via Facebook Messenger) from Jhenny Cruz who had said “Hi”. Perhaps rather restrained when compared to what strange people usually say to me in their Facebook messages, but bearing in mind how little clothing he, she or it was wearing, he, she or it didn’t need to say anything else. I thought better of replying.

And the nice people at Credit Karma had sent me an email overnight. Yesterday I mentioned that they had suggested that I might ask the bank to increase the credit limit on my Gold Card. This morning they told me that my own bank had done a credit check on me. As I have said before, my bank has no idea about bank-customer confidentiality.

 

I then failed on “Lewdle”, but got “butt” on the third attempt on “Sweardle”, and then wrote my two thousandth professional blog post (which was incredibly dull). With the wind blowing the bins up the street and the rain being torrential we decided against taking the dogs out. The rain had really put the kibosh on today. Our planned weekend walk was (again) cancelled because of the weather forecast. We had considered braving the rain to visit brother-in-law who was at the car park of a nearby café this morning for a classic car meet (I was up for the brekkie!), but there is only so much rain that anyone can brave.

 I went upstairs and started sorting out the job lot of Lego I got yesterday. As I sorted the weather outside went from monsoon to glorious sunshine back to monsoon seemingly every fifteen minutes.

With Lego sorted I then had a little look-see at borrowing a squillion quid to pay for the new kitchen. Amazingly loans from the bank I have been with for thirty-four years are far more expensive than loans from pretty much everyone else.

 

With the dogs sleeping we popped round to see “My Boy TM”; Cheryl had boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we scoffed, then I promptly fell asleep in front of the winter Olympics on the telly. I’d found out that the winter Olympics was on when Untappd gave me a badge for it before lunch. It is amazing what you miss if you don’t pay attention.

I woke after a couple of hours and was rather disappointed to hear that Rupert Something who had been Team GB’s great hope in the bobsleigh-thingy-race had only managed twenty-third place.

We came home rather earlier than I might have liked, but this is one of the reasons that I never wanted dogs. I simply don’t like leaving them for any length of time. We came home… and woke them up. They were both fast asleep. Like I would like to be… having done pretty much nothing all day I’m feeling worn out. And my back is a bit iffy too…

No comments:

Post a Comment