5 February 2022 (Saturday) - Eagle-Horse-Thingies

I slept for over nine hours last night, which was a result. I finally emerged from my pit when my back was aching too much.

I made toast and peered into the Internet. There was a minor row kicking off on Facebook about the local hospital (the one I’ve been whinging about the last few days). A few weeks ago much of the car park was given up to build a huge “Nightingale” hospital, and it was only once central government had spent three million quid on building the thing did anyone realise that they haven’t got enough staff for the existing wards, clinics and departments, let alone for a whole new hospital. Apparently there are also issues with building regulations and I.T. It was claimed that at a Trust board meeting last Thursday the Trust's chairman said: "At the time of writing this report we are still considering whether and how the building could be used".

I’m reminded of a colleague (Julian) whose aunt once saw an amazing blood test machine on the telly (many years ago), and wouldn’t be dissuaded from fundraising a small fortune to buy one and present it to her local hospital (near Birmingham). But already having a device that did the same job, and with no money for consumables, reagents, training or service contract for the new machine, it went into a cupboard and stayed there.

The nice people at Credit Karma had sent me an email telling me of three things I could do to improve my credit score. They said I could get a cheaper car loan whilst telling me about more expensive ones. They said I could improve my credit factors, but when I clicked for more information there wasn’t any. And they suggested I corrected the incorrect personal data on my credit history… All that they showed me looked to be right.

I’ve asked the bank to double the credit limit on my credit card purely because the nice people at Credit Karma say it will improve my credit score… the bank gave me the thumbs-up, so let’s see what Credit Karma have to say about that.

 

I saw that a friend had started creating a Munzee garden nearby; I spent an age trying to contribute to it. Deploying from a sandbox is tricky.

I failed on today’s “Sweardle” but got “Lewdle” right on the second go, then we took the dogs out.

 

We went up the road and took a rather circuitous route to the park. As we walked so Pogo was playing “catch” rather than “fetch”. He likes “catch” and it distracts him from anything else around him (mostly). We got to the park to find it heaving; I’d forgotten that the “Harry Potter” event was on today. Kids were invited to turn up, walk round looking for posters of “Harry Potter” stuff and fill in their worksheets.

I had an entertaining few minutes with some little girl who was telling the world that what I thought was a hippogriff was actually an “eagle-horse-thingie”.

 

We came home, settled the dogs then pausing only briefly to collect Cheryl drove up to Maidstone. A couple of days ago I saw a super Lego bargain on Facebook marketplace and once I’d put in an offer was amazed to see it was being sold be a chap with whom I used to work yen years ago. He’d arranged to have it delivered to where I now work (or at least show up periodically) but bearing in mind I wouldn’t be showing up there for over a week I collected it today.

From work it was only a short hop to the kitchen shop where “er indoors TM” and Cheryl had arranged a three-hour appointment with the nice man and the 3-D kitchen simulator. We had a little look round the showroom and once we’d ruled out the obviously hideous I said I liked that which I was told to like. And then we sat in front of a rather humungous PC screen whilst the nice man simulated that which “er indoors TM” told him to. The chap came up with a design that looked not too shabby. “er indoors TM” will be tweaking it over the next few days and weeks, and in the meantime I’ve put down a deposit of a sizeable proportion of my spare akkers.

 

We came home and had a rather good kebab whilst watching the final of “Junior Bake Off”. I’m quite looking forward to the next series… and the new kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment