4 February 2022 (Friday) - Before Another Late Shift

I slept well despite a surprisingly scary nightmare in which I was somehow legally responsible for breaches of copyright caused when Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy came back from the dead and opened a rather successful off-licence selling stouts and porters in Appledore. It was with something of a sense of relief that I woke in desperate need of a tiddle.

I made toast and sparked up the lap-top and had quite the fight to get the thing to start peering into the Internet. More and more the lap-top seems to be doing all sorts of amazing “IT things” in the background whilst being utterly unable to do anything actually useful. Eventually it got going.

One of the local hunters of Tupperware had died recently and it had been her funeral yesterday. What with the hospital wasting our time yesterday I hadn’t been able to get along, but I was pleased to see that she’d had a good send-off.

There wasn’t much else happening on Facebook this morning so I sparked up the Munzee app (which was just as reluctant to start up), Munz-ed that which I could from the sofa and took the dogs out.

 

We took a different walk to our usual route going out to Frog’s Island and home via Newtown Munzing as we (I) went. Being near the start of Munzee clan wars I had hoped to get a Qrate; I got two.

As we walked we had a little “episode” with some silly woman with a poodle. She made a point of bringing her dog up to us even though we were trying to walk away from her, and then she acted surprised when Treacle snapped at her dog. I explained that when I’d said “don’t come any closer because my dog will snap at your dog” I’d meant that she shouldn’t come any closer because my dog would snap at her dog. This explanation came as something of a revelation to her… How is it that I always find these idiots?

As we walked the hospital phoned. Yesterday I’d complained about the lack of confidentiality in that place. Today some idiot wanted to know specific details of what confidences had been breached, and seemed utterly unable to understand the difference between a general observation and a specific complaint. I suggested that if you are weighing a patient then the scales shouldn’t be in a corridor with a dozen people standing watching. I suggested that a pre-MRI questionnaire be conducted in a secure room, not on the footpath leading out of the car park with everyone listening to what was being said. I suggested that people waiting for blood tests not do so where everyone can see their business.

Apparently a general complaint was no good to them as there was no specific manager to deal with it. I suggested the hospital’s chief executive, or failing that the Minister for Health might like to get involved. They said they’d get back to me.

 

We’d left early to avoid the rain; the rain started just as we came past the Outlet centre about ten minutes from home. We didn’t get *that* wet.

Taking care not to disturb “er indoors TM” (who was working from home this morning) I wrote up a little CPD, then got ready for work. The drive to work was odd. The weather alternated between blustery showers and bright blue skies seemingly every ten minutes.

 

I got to work where I did my bit on the late shift. I was rather glad to see that I didn't have to take the moral high ground today. Apparently today is National Work Naked Day in which everyone supposedly does their bit whilst running round in the nip. The official website was giving some old drivel about getting away with working naked when doing it at home, but I know a total collapse of public morality when I see one.. and was glad that I didn't today.

Mind you I wonder how many people did do their bit today in the all-together today. Not many, I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment