3 February 2022 (Thursday) - Rostered Day Off

I was woken by both dogs licking me awake at half past eight this morning. Clearly I had been in bed quite long enough for their liking. I came downstairs to something of a shock; “er indoors TM” had staged a major tidy-up in the kitchen. How would I find anything with it all tidied up?

I made toast and had a look at my Munzee app. The new Clan War started this morning so I took a crowbar to my Qrate and magnetised both the Skyland at the Tree House effectively getting me the daily goal of three thousand points before I’d even got off of my bum.

I peered into Facebook and it presented me with a video I made at Dover Beer Festival some years ago. Back in the day the first weekend of February was always Dover Beer Festival; one of the highlights of the year. Sadly it isn’t happening this year as the Maison Dieu is having major refurbishments and they can’t find another venue.

Facebook also had a poster from the UK weather forecast people saying not to start garden tidying too early, and to wait until temperatures are constantly over ten degrees so as not to disturb hibernating insects. I had planned to spend some time in the garden today (bad back allowing); I changed my plans.

Seeing how everyone else was playing “Wordle” I had a go at “Sweardle” and “Lewdle” (and failed at both) and then got ready to take the dogs out.

 

Just as I was getting dressed the phone rang. Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was distraught. She’d had a phone call from the hospital saying that something had been found at her scan yesterday and she should go to the day unit at the hospital as a matter of urgency. I settled the dogs, flew down to Folkestone to collect her then flew back up the motorway and took her to the day unit.

We sat down with everyone else, and soon some busybody woman chased me and all the other friends and family out of the place. Apparently there is a lot of confidential information being bandied about in a hospital and that is not for friends and family of patients to hear. However it is quite acceptable for patients to hear confidential information about other patients (apparently). Would it *really* hurt the medical staff to take patients into a side room to talk to them?

As everyone in the day unit’s business was being announced to everyone else I went to the hospital’s canteen and paid way over the odds for a cup of coffee, and spent a few minutes deploying bastets (it’s a Munzee thing).

Eventually “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” sent me a message. She was ready to go. After a lot of farting about it seemed that yesterday’s scan-ologist had been concerned that the baby is rather small. Well… so is the baby’s mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. No surprises there.

I had to chuckle as we eventually walked out; the blood-taking department is still in the hospital’s main reception area, and there is no confidentiality about who is having a blood test either. Go up and have a look - if you don’t recognise the people sitting waiting to have their blood taken, just stick about and their names will be bellowed out for all to hear. I complained about the blood test area on November 10th 2021… I see nothing has been done about that. I’ve complained again…I bet nothing will be done again.

 

We came home since Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was keen to see the dogs. They were very excited to see her; so much so that Pogo went “ham. Apparently getting incredibly over-excited is known as “going ham” these days. One lives and learns.

We then took the dogs up to Kings Wood for a little wander, and again Pogo “went ham“ when we got out the tennis balls. We had a good walk, albeit a tad muddy. The place has certainly got muddier since last week.

 

With walk walked I took “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” back to Folkestone, then came home and over a lunch of toast watched “Once Upon A Time In London” which could have been a good film had it not dragged on for quite so long.

“er indoors TM” came home and it wasn’t long before someone from the kitchen shop came round to measure up the kitchen with a view to stripping it all out and replacing it all. I wasn’t overly interested… and actually fell asleep. I expect I will pay more attention when the quote comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment