26 February 2022 (Saturday) - Far Far Ago

As I scoffed toast and peered into the Internet it was all very negative this morning. There was a lot of talk about the ongoing situation in the Ukraine in which the Russians are effectively doing what they want whilst everyone else sits back and wrings their hands. I saw that whoever it is that runs Rochester Cathedral had arranged for the colours of the Ukrainian flag to be shone on its spire as they pray for peace. Isn’t this just a concrete example of the futility of  what they preach? Shining different coloured torches whilst their god is unwilling or unable to stop the suffering?

Facebook also (again) presented with an advert for “Treasure Trails”; a bunch which charges a tenner for (effectively) what you can get for free from the Geocaching Adventure Lab app. I suppose people who pay for this are either unaware of the Geocaching Adventure Lab app, or just like spending their money.

 

I had a flurry of messages and emails from the Isle of Wight branch of Halfords. Someone with the same name as me lives there. He must have a similar email too as I periodically get messages from wherever the chap has recently visited on the Isle of Wight. His building society were emailing me last year.

And I got told about a new puzzle geocache up near Thanet. Based on types of curry, the thing kept me occupied for a few minutes before I decided to give up as I doubt I’ll be going anywhere near it any time soon.

 

We got ourselves and the dogs organised and walked to the “er indoors TM-mobile, and set off. We saw that the queue for petrol at the BP garage was nowhere near as long as we might have been led to believe. It wasn’t long before we were at Badlesmere from where we met up with Karl, Tracey and Charlotte and had a rather good walk. There was a horse in one of the first fields we crossed; as we crossed it the horse vaguely sauntered in our general direction but never got closer than twenty yards away. As we crossed the next field we met a chap with a dog who said that the horse hates his dog and was waiting for him, and a few minutes later there was quite the commotion kicking off behind us.

We carried on through the woods and into a field in which a load of animals had clearly recently been trampling through. We had quite the discussion as to whether it had been sheep or deer until Charlotte hit on the (frankly genius) idea of having a look around and spotted a load of sheep.

I’d gone along expecting loads of mud and fallen trees… and have to say I was disappointed on both counts. There was some mud… but not that much really. And there were a few fallen trees, but none dramatic enough to have blocked any of our paths.

After a couple of hours walking we were back where we’d left the cars… right outside a pub. Strange, eh? We had a pint or two and a very good bit of dinner.

As always I took a few photos as we walked and scoffed.

 

I slept most of the way home; I am reliably informed there were four cars queuing outside the petrol station in Brookfield Road.

Still feeling very stuffed from a very good dinner we slobbed in front of the telly and spent the evening watching episodes of “Yonderland”. If you’ve never seen it, it’s on the Sky catch-up thingy… It’s not too shabby…

No comments:

Post a Comment