5 December 2021 (Sunday) - It Rained

“er indoors TM  had got me new pillows which I tried out last night. Maybe they contributed to my sleeping well, maybe they didn’t. But I slept well regardless.

Over brekkie I had my usual rummage round the Internet. There was a posting on one of the Lego Facebook groups bemoaning how nasty people are on a Lego group. Surprisingly this attracted quite a bit of sympathy. Facebook groups amaze me. No matter what the topic (Lego, kite-flying, Star Trek, Doctor Who, dogs, geocaching, the town where you live, astronomy…) it can so quickly become one big argument. I help moderate two Facebook pages where there is a simple policy of any attempt at nastiness and you are out. No second chances. It is a policy which seems to work; if only more moderators of Facebook groups would do the same.

I saw that not only was Oliveri Elina still peddling filth on Facebook, but I also had two messages. One from Addyson Hooper who would have me believe the he/she/it was lonely and wanted me to fill his/her/its nights. And one from French Peter who was quite un-moral in his/her/its suggestions.. And as the day went on I had a third message in this vein – this one from Mattias Annika who was (supposedly) a woman who was “thirsty for s*x” and sent me a link to her video in which she claimed to be live without clothes. I squealed all of them up to the Facebook Feds and hoped for the best.

Does no one else get offers of filth like this on a regular basis?

 

As I scoffed toast I listened to the rain on the window and my heart sank. After a few Whatsapp messages here and there we decided to cancel our planned major walk. The forecast for home was awful, and the forecast for where we were going was even worse. Part of me wanted to go, but we would have got soaked and cold, and that wouldn’t have been fair on the dogs.

So we stayed in… and equally unfair on the dogs was having their flea treatments done. They have a couple of drops of liquid ribbed on the back of their necks and they absolutely hate it. It never bothered Fudge, but Treacle and Pogo think differently. Treacle was actually quivering in fear as she watched Pogo having his done.

 

“er indoors TM” got on with housework and I got on with ironing whilst watching more episodes of “Four in  Bed”. I do like that program; some bed and breakfast proprietors really do have over-exaggerated views of their own abilities. One woman in today’s show had the right hump because someone else underpaid her. When asked the reason for the underpayment she was told that the chap doing the underpaying provided a far better service than she did for half the price she was charging. Her face was a picture.

 

By mid-morning the rain had abated somewhat and we took the dogs out for a little walk (Pogo really was asking to go out). We walked up the road, past the station, through the Memorial Gardens, through the town centre, along Godinton Road and home via Gasworks Lane and the park. A two-mile walk updating my Adventure Lab, and Munzee-ing like things possessed as we went. We didn’t get *that* wet really.

We came home to see that my eBay bargain had arrived. The nice man from Hermes had put the parcel up against the front door then dragged the recycling bin in front of it to hide it. I could understand him hiding the parcel behind the recycling bin (with the recycling bin in its usual place), but dragging the recycling bin in front of (and blocking) the front door?

 

We came in, got dried, and I opened my parcel. It was a job lot of 1970s Lego – what else would it be? But it was something of a bargain. I’d paid twelve quid for it. The twelve Lego maxi-figure hands in it alone were worth more than that. There was also a head bearing a moustache – I’ve been collecting Lego maxi-figures for some time and I’ve only got one other of those. And there was a grey body & arms block. Grey!! I’ve never seen one of those before. That must be worth a small fortune to the collector (I‘m hoping).

As I sorted Lego so “er indoors TM” got busy with the front room wall. We’ve got a bit of a problem with damp and the mould does grow down there. “er indoors TM” got out with the Cillit bang and once I’d Lego-ed I helped by fetching and carrying and making the tea and generally being helpful. I was actually hoping that as she was bending over I might get a photo for “Crackwatch”, but the opportunity never arose. Which was probably for the best.

 

I posted up today’s instalment of the Lego Advent calendar and passed another electric heater over the sofa to where “er indoors TM” was trying to dry out the wall. And on finding that the heater didn’t heat I chucked it in the shed and passed over another one.

And then my phone beeped. I’d won another job lot of Lego on eBay. I’d seen this job lot appear last week. The wheels in it alone are worth more than I ended up paying. Result!!

 

What with one thing and another there wasn’t time to boil up dinner this evening so “er indoors TM” popped up to the KFC and got us loads. We scoffed it whilst watching the last episode of “Doctor Who: Flux” in which the universe didn’t actually end (like we all know it wouldn’t).

This was followed by a re-run of Blackadder’s Christmas Carol. Having seen it dozens of times I finally realised that his niece is played by Nicola Bryant who was once (thirty-five years ago) the best reason for watching “Doctor Who”…

No comments:

Post a Comment