11 December 2021 (Saturday) - Badlesmere

As I opened my Lego advent calendar my phone fell out of my pocket. As I picked it up so the arse ripped out of my pyjamas. I was a bit miffed about that  - it was my favourite set of jim-jams and was older than Pogo or Treacle. There are those who would say I’d had my money’s worth out of them, but as I binned them it was like saying goodbye to an old friend.

 

I thought about watching some telly this morning but decided against it (for no reason I could fathom) and had a look at the Internet instead. There was a post on one of the local Facebook groups that really summed up all that is wrong with today’s namby-pamby society. Some woman was asking if anyone was giving lessons in which her son could learn to fight. Not martial arts lessons in which the participants are sworn to go no harm. She wanted fighting lessons. Her son was being bullied at school and she wanted her son to kick seven shades of sh*t out of his aggressors.

Immediately there were those who advocated talking and reasoning with the bullies. I’ve seen this done (when I was a scout leader). The bullies nod and listen to the reasoning, then laugh at it and carry on with their bullying.

There were those who agreed with kicking seven shades of sh*t out of the aggressors and they were having quite the squabble with the advocates of reason.

And the school’s headmaster had (apparently) heard of the request for a fight club and was not happy that the good name of his school was being brought into disrepute. (The headmaster wasn’t interested in sorting the bullying; he just didn’t like hearing about it).

When I was a lad I was bullied a couple of times. Both times I gave the bullies a slap that they weren’t expecting and neither bothered me again.

 

I woke “er indoors TM” and the dogs,  wrote up a little CPD, then got ready for the off. We drove up to Badlesmere where we met Karl, Tracey and Charlotte and set off on a little wander exploring the local area. We had a rather good walk exploring new paths and woods. Despite the heavy rain of the last week the paths weren’t *too* muddy, and despite it being mid-December it wasn’t that cold at all.

After a few miles (not sure how many as my GPS had a “moment”) we were at the Red Lion. The dogs had their rice. Pogo ate his; Treacle held out to be hand-fed hers. We had a rather good bit of dinner. And four pints of “Little Cracker “ (5% ABV). And pudding. And a double helping of port.

It was only a shame that when I took the dogs outside for a tiddle Treacle had a rabbit.

I took a few photos as we walked and scoffed. We had a rather good day today. 

We came home… I woke up about three hours later. “er indoors TM” had been watching “Nativity” on Netflix. And when that was done we watched “Robin Robin”. Have you seen that? Made by the creators of “Shaun the Sheep it was rather good. Much like today has been…

No comments:

Post a Comment