4 December 2021 (Saturday) - Another New Friend?

 

I slept like a log last night, and woke shortly after eight o’clock. As I made toast I looked at the rain outside. That put paid to my idea of taking the dogs up to Kings Wood this morning.

I scoffed the toast as I peered into the Internet. I saw that “Oliveri Elina” had sent me a friend request on Facebook. “Oliveri Elina” appears to be a young lady whose legs go all the way up to her bum and would seem to be of dubious morality as she commented on her photo “join the WhatsApp dating group, there are many hot women in this group who need it. , so if you want vulgar or sexy women by your side, join our group because they are all free without money”. She also gave a link that I didn’t click on. I did squeal her up to the Facebook feds, but I doubt they will do anything. They didn’t do anything about the last few that I squealed up. Perhaps they want vulgar or sexy women by their side. Rather them than me.

I was rather horrified to read that the government has announced that GP surgeries can cut back on the services they offer to the over-seventy-fives and concentrate on giving out COVID vaccinations instead. What happened to all the pop-up vaccination centres that we used last time? I suppose that many of them were run by volunteers and (as I said once or twice) the good will has worn long since off.

I spent a little while pondering the geo-map making plans for tomorrow. As I sat quietly so both Treacle and Pogo jumped on me and started sucking my pyjamas. What was that all about?

 

With “er indoors TM” off to craft club and the rain having eased up I took the dogs for a little walk round the block. We went down past the vets (both dogs pulled toward the vets; Fudge used to pull away), up the black alley and home via Riversdale Road. I got a couple of Qrates as we went (it’s a Munzee thing) and we met up with Paul and had a little chat. It was good to catch up, and it was even better that Treacle wasn’t terrified.

With walk walked we came home and I set the tumble drier going on the undercrackers that had scrubbed whilst we’d been out. I made a cuppa and drank it as I polished my boots and watched the first two episodes of the third season of the re-boot of “Lost In Space”. I like the show but…  Imagine you are in the position that the Robinsons are in. You are (tens of millions of) miles from home, cut off from all civilisation and you find your space ship has a stowaway that is at best thoroughly evil and at times conspiring to kill you and your family. How many chances would you give that villain?

“er indoors TM” came home with some screws and we had a go at fixing our poggered table. The table has a top that lifts up and we scoff dinner off of it whilst watching telly every evening, but the lifting up and down has worked the screws loose. We have the problem that the screw holes are a bit too wide now, and need screws that are about a centimetre long and probably not much less than that wide. I’ve bodged it for now.And talking of bodging, regular readers of this drivel may recall that on 23 October “My Boy TM” came round and helped me mend the shed roof. We replaced the torn felt and decided the rest was OK and didn’t need replacing. We were wrong – there is quite the leak in the shed now. The first fruit on my loin says he’ll help replace the entire lot in the spring when it all dries out. 

I posted up today’s episode of the Advent adventure, spent a few moments getting “Hannah” ready for tomorrow then played “Cookie Jam” whilst “er indoors TM” boiled up dinner. As she’s still on antibiotics we had a bottle of alcohol-free wine which tested like rather rank vinegar. As we scoffed we watched the seventh “Harry Potter” film. I enjoyed it, but I knew the story. Like all of the “Harry Potter” films they aren’t good films in that you have to know the story to understand what it is all about.

Today was a tad dull really…

No comments:

Post a Comment