27 December 2021 (Monday) - Before the Night Shift (!)

I slept for eleven hours last night; finally having to get up as my back ached from laying still for so long. It is quite a while since that last happened.

I got up, set the washing machine loose on laundry and made some toast to scoff as I peered into the internet. There was a really impressive argument on one of the Lego-related Facebook pages in which someone had been given a Lego mug for Christmas and there were all sorts of arguments about whether anyone would ever use such a mug, and how the thing would or would not collapse, and how ungrateful and rude the original poster had been to whenever it was who had given them the pressie in the first place.

There were quite a few postings about geocaching-like activities on my Facebook feed this morning… “Treasure Trails” seemed to be like any series of geocaches except that you have to pay (at least) ten quid to do each trail.  And “Snag the Tag” is just geocaching’s “First to Find”-ing with the tags for which you search costing a small fortune in the first place, and once the tag has been found, game over. I can’t see either taking off, but you never know.

I also read that the actress who played “Truly Scrumptious” in the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang film died last week. She was ninety-one.

 

The plan for today had been a decent post-Christmas walk. But bearing in mind how wet we’d got in such a short time yesterday and seeing how the rain today was worse, we’d reluctantly decided to cancel. So we had a rather lazy day. We watched a couple of episodes of “The Brittas Empire” which were rather funny even if they did start with a (totally unnecessary) disclaimer that they featured language and comedy of their time.

Over a lunch of cheese and pickles we then watched the last “Harry Potter” film. Over the last few weeks we’ve watched all seven (eight) of the films and… I won’t say they are crap but I’m also reading the “Harry Potter” books on my Kindle app too. I’ve said this before, but if you haven’t read the books then the films don’t stand up to any thought and don’t make an awful lot of sense.

Hook” was a rather fun film, and was followed by “Jack Whitehall: Travels with My Father”.

 

And then I got the call – would I do the night shift… Having agreed to stand by I couldn’t really say no. I suppose it will stop me spending time eating cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment