29 December 2021 (Wednesday) - Early Shift

I slept like a log last night which was something of a result. I suppose that’s the aftermath of a night shift.

I made toast, and watched an episode of “Superstore”; there is a new series of the show on Netflix which was rather good. I’d forgotten just how good the show was. Believable characters make all the difference to any telly show.

I had a quick look at the Internet – pretty much nothing at all was going on. I suppose six o’clock on the morning after a Bank Holiday was too early for most people? But I did have a message. The “Name Tests” app wanted me to play a game. I suppose that since I’ve not fallen for the wanton hussies, the spammers are seeing if I will give them all my personal info through a silly game I might download. I think they will be disappointed.

 

As I drove to work on a very dark and wet morning I listened to the radio as I usually do. This morning (like they do at Christmas) the morning's radio show was being run by a guest editor. This morning it was the turn of footballer Raheem Sterling. I found myself listening to the show out of a sense of disbelief rather than interest.  Admittedly I only heard half an hour out of a three-hour show so I probably missed a lot, but apart from a small section on the scarcity of lateral flow kits, all I could hear was all about Raheem Sterling.  It has to be said that the Raheem Sterling Foundation does do good work but when you are coining in ten million quid a year, you can afford to be generous.

 

I got to work and did my bit. Back in the day the period between Christmas and New Year was always quiet in hospitals. Whilst today wasn’t as hectic as it might have been, it was certainly far busier than I had hoped. As I drove to work this morning the hourly news bulletin has said that forty per cent of hospital workers were self-isolating because of contact with people who had tested positive for COVID. That figure seemed a tad high – according to what I could find on-line the figure is about three per cent. I wonder which (if either) is the correct one?

 

I came home to find the postman had been with the Lego bargain I ordered a week or so ago. A job lot of about forty or so Lego maxifigure bits A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that some people don’t realise the value of what they are selling. There is something unique about each of the six maxifigures in the photo above, and each is (probably) individually worth more than I paid for the job lot… Or they are worth that to me. Whether anyone else would be daft enough to pay up for them remains to be seen. 

“er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we devoured whilst watching the first episode of the second season of “Lego Masters: Australia” in which eight teams of Lego-ers have to spend far longer than I spend at work (even on the night shifts) to make the most amazing Lego creations. The brick supply they use has three million Lego bricks. I’d like to play with that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment