28 December 2021 (Tuesday) - Bit Tired

Last night’s night shift was dumped on me at rather short notice, and had I known how it was going to pan out (not the best night shift!) I would never have offered to have stepped int the breach. But there it is.

As I drove home the pundits on the radio were talking about the latest pandemic news; I say “news”; perhaps “wild baseless speculation” might be a better description of their wittering. I got rather annoyed with their blatant scaremongering and turned the radio off In favour of my  rather excellent choice of music.

 

Once home I had a quick spot of brekkie whist peering into the Internet. It was still there. There was an amazing bit of spam on my Facebook feed featuring two young ladies snogging which had attracted all sorts of criticism from religious crackpots. You have to wonder about someone whose invisible friend judges the life choices of a complete stranger.

And in a complete break with tradition no one was selling off their unwanted Christmas pressies (yet).

 

We got the leads onto the dogs and drove down to Hastings. The weather forecast for today had led us to believe that it would be dry today. But it lied. The torrential rain started when we were half-way there, and we got rather wet crossing the road from where we’d parked the car to my Dad’s house. I wanted to see him today as today would have been my Mum’s eighty-sixth birthday.

Dad seemed well; he’s had a spate of starlings flying down his chimney and had just chivvied one out of the front room window. He seemed rather amused watching Pogo and Treacle running riot. We had planned to walk them before visiting, but we thought it better to arrive with hyperactive dogs rather than filthy and wringing wet dogs.

After an hour or so the dogs were becoming rather fractious so we said our goodbyes and headed home.

 

Seeing the weather had chirped up a little and bearing in mind the awful weather had stopped the dogs getting a decent walk for a couple of days we stopped off in Winchelsea and took them for a little walk guided by the Adventure Lab cache series that was there. The rain had mostly stopped, but it wasn’t very warm and the wind was a tad keen. But we got two geo-souvenirs, the dogs got their walk, and they slept all the way home.

 

We came home to find a parcel propped against the front door. Amazon had delivered my new hair clippers. On December 8th I mentioned my hair trimmer had packed up. Despite having dropped  a few hints no one had got me a set as a Christmas pressie so yesterday I ordered a set and today they were waiting for me when we came home. Or waiting for anyone who fancied a set of hair clippers really. Just sitting propped against the front door waiting to be picked up by whoever got to them first. Fortunately I was first, but it could have been anyone.

 

I gave myself a haircut, then sat on the sofa and dozed through several “Carry On” films. They were hilarious fifty years ago… but they are rather dated now.

“er indoors TM” came back from the shops with a rather good bit of Chinese which we scoffed watching the Christmas episode of “Taskmaster”. 

Despite having had to go into the night shift at short notice last night, I think we made the most of today…

No comments:

Post a Comment