23 December 2021 (Thursday) - Stuff

Being awake far too early I got up, spent far too long looking for my lunch box, made toast and spent a little while watching “The Witcher” on Netflix. Apparently the time of the sword and the axe was nigh (!) I can only assume that would be the pork sword as there was quite a lot of nudey sauce romps going on.

As I watched I found myself glancing at the new fire and glaring at it. It looked so much better in the advert. It might grow on me; I don’t know what I was expecting from a new fire, but whatever I was expecting, this thing hasn’t delivered.

 

I had a little look at Facebook. There was a minor squabble on one of the Lego-related pages as to how old Lego has to be to be classified as “vintage”. I made the observation that most people seem to think "vintage" means just before they started playing with Lego as a child themselves and amazingly this seemed to calm everyone down.

 

I took a a little diversion to get a gnome's hat (it’s a Munzee thing) as I walked up the road to find where I'd left my car last night, and it wasn't long before I was off on my way to work. As I drove some bishop was blathering on the "Thought for the Day" saying in between his ramblings how odd it is that people can take face coverings off to sing along to Christmas carols in his church, but the same people face fines (and he claimed had been given them) when they did the same in a supermarket. I couldn't work out whether he thought that preventing spread of virus was a good thing or stopping the wanton god-bothering was a bad thing. Like most bishops, the chap made no sense.

 

I got to work and had a rather good day despite the best efforts of the “s” blood group antigen. In between working I sneaked a look at the works “Secret Santa” box. All but one of the pressies were in one small box. Behind that box was a frankly humongous pressie with my name on it. I’ve told everyone that this conclusively proves I've been a very good girl this year and I intend to use a photo of it as evidence at my next annual appraisal.

 

Feeling suitably smug I came home where I took off my shirt and had a look round my side. My hip still hurts, and all the skin over it feels sore and inflamed. I can’t see anything amiss at all, but it itches. I wonder what’s brought that on?

 

“er indoors TM” boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we washed down with more of the box of red wine whilst watching the final of The Great Australian Bake Off. It was really good… must see if we can find more episodes of that.

I get to open that big pressie tomorrow evening…

No comments:

Post a Comment