8 September 2026 (Tuesday) - At Work

I had a rather bad night. Just as I finally nodded off so “er indoors TM started an argument with one of the dogs (possibly Bailey).
I got up at six o’clock, made toast and watched an episode of the remake of “Upstairs Downstairs”. Being made by the BBC each of the episodes are of the same length. This morning’s episode featured (in large part) the rise of fascism in Europe in the 1930s, and struck several chords with today’s political climate.
 
I set off to work through heavy rain. As I drove there was a lot of talk about Prince Harry and precisely what he will and won’t be doing. The King has announced that Harry will be a “non-working royal”. Some commentator being interviewed this morning was talking about how his role is incredibly vague and “lots of lines are being blurred”. It would seem that he’s left America and come back to the UK where it is somewhat easier to get on the gravy train, but what do I know?
And then the sports news came on. It dragged on and on. Surely there’s only so many times anyone can say “blah blah sport”? But only a few short weeks since the football world cup, the European football thing has started. I wouldn’t mind if football wasn’t so tedious, but can anyone seriously say that after watching ten minutes of a game of football you haven’t seen all that the game has to offer?
I went to Sainsbury’s to get a sandwich and had to queue up. I like to empty the change from Dog Club into the self-service machines, but there were *loads* of schoolkids queueing up to use those cash only self-service machines. I suppose they wouldn’t have cards, would they.
 
I’d left home half an hour later than usual when on a core shift. What with the schoolkids in Sainsburys and the really busy roads I’m going to go back to leaving silly-early for work. I’d rather have a far less stressful drive and no waiting about to pay for dinner. And I quite like a bit of peace and quiet before the aggro  of the day starts.
 
I got to work and cracked on with the aggro of the day. It was rather hard work today, my carpal tunnel syndrome was playing up all day long and the tinnitus meant that there was a constant buzzing sound too.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a rather good bit of Chinese which we washed down with a bottle of plonk whilst watching more “Young Sheldon”.
Today’s been a tad dull… my arm still hurts and my ears are still ringing.
 
And it is four years since the late Queen died…

No comments:

Post a Comment