2 September 2026 (Wednesday) - Dull

I didn’t sleep well. I was cold and woke every half-hour. I really need to put the duvet back on the bed.
As I scoffed toast I watched the first episode of the re-make of “Upstairs Downstairs”. It was rather good.
I then had my usual rummage round the Internet as I do most mornings.
Two Facebook friends had birthdays today. Both people with whom I used to work. Both were a large part of my daily life for years, I’ve not seen either in over ten years now.
There wasn’t much else happening at half past six so I Munzed, Wordled from “duvet” to “ruler” in three goes, and got ready for work.
 
No one was walking their dogs in their jim-jams this morning as I headed to the motorway.  As I drove there was an interview with the head honcho of the UK's republicans - some bunch who want the monarchy abolished. They had the arse about the recent announcement that the government is spending a small fortune on the upkeep of the royal palaces. 
What's the alternative? Let them fall down? The interview was (quite frankly) a waste of air-time. The interviewer seemed reluctant to let this bloke speak, and when the bloke did manage to get a word in, he flatly refused to answer the questions being asked; preferring to shout his pre-planned script.
Meanwhile the Mayor of London's been scammed. He's been done for not paying road tax, but it turns out that the car in question is nothing to do with him, and letters from the DVLA letters addressed to him about the unpaid tax bill were sent to Gordon Ramsay's east London restaurant.
You have to wonder what all that was about, don't you?
 
I went to Sainsburys and got a sandwich, then went in to work. It was dull. It often is. I came home listening to my Adrian Mole MP3s and came home to an empty house. “er indoors TM had taken the dogs out. I also came home to find my eBay bargain had arrived. Two sets of all of the Harry Potter books in MP3 format… one read by Jim Dale and one read by Stephen Fry. Change out of eighteen quid, and a rather good Ginny Weasley USB stick too.
It’s on eBay so it can’t be hooky… can it?
 
Today was dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment